Pregnant after morning after pill, ectopic?

Katieandbump1

Reaction score
So yesterday whilst in A&E for an asthma attack I’d found out I was pregnant. I taken the morning after pill approx 4 weeks ago after having intercourse. I had my period on the normal time expected 2 weeks after this which lasted for a week, heavy as usual so having a positive test has really confused me which would now make me exactly 6 weeks pregnant.

Anyway before going to the hospital yesterday before finding this out I had been experiencing lower stomach pain.. almost like constipation gas and a bit niggly. My rectum also felt heavy which was strange. At the hospital I was already getting pink cm on wiping and I informed the dr looking after me. Anyway he said my hug levels looked good and I was either still pregnant or what I though was my period was actually a misscarriage and I may lose it soon.

But obviously my main worry is that it’s ectopic. I’ve read online the morning after pill can increase your chances of ectopic too?

I just don’t know what to do I’m lying in bed now still with the same feelings in my stomach and brown cm when I wipe :-( but only a small amount. I now have diarhea too. But does feel like a tummy bug too.I felt like the hospital weren’t bothered at all so I’m just looking for some advice really.

Thanks ladies

So yesterday whilst in A&E for an asthma attack I’d found out I was pregnant. I taken the morning after pill approx 4 weeks ago after having intercourse. I had my period on the normal time expected 2 weeks after this which lasted for a week, heavy as usual so having a positive test has really confused me which would now make me exactly 6 weeks pregnant.

Anyway before going to the hospital yesterday before finding this out I had been experiencing lower stomach pain.. almost like constipation gas and a bit niggly. My rectum also felt heavy which was strange. At the hospital I was already getting pink cm on wiping and I informed the dr looking after me. Anyway he said my hug levels looked good and I was either still pregnant or what I though was my period was actually a misscarriage and I may lose it soon.

But obviously my main worry is that it’s ectopic. I’ve read online the morning after pill can increase your chances of ectopic too?

I just don’t know what to do I’m lying in bed now still with the same feelings in my stomach and brown cm when I wipe :-( but only a small amount. I now have diarhea too. But does feel like a tummy bug too.I felt like the hospital weren’t bothered at all so I’m just looking for some advice really.

Thanks ladies

Did they offer to scan you?? They should have and then this will determine in pregnancy in the right position.

This was me at Christmas. I took the morning after pill and 2 weeks later had what I thought was my period. But I felt different so took a test anyway.
I went straight to hospital when they took my hcg level and checked my progesterone. Progesterone was so low so they knew I'd either miscarry or ectopic. My hcg level tripled but by the time I had the call I was already in Wales an route to our family holiday in Ireland. Was monitored in Ireland and eventually went down for surgery where they removed part of my left tube and baby.
Are they giving you another hcg? If you've been bleeding and they suspect ectopic they should have kept you In.
I'm so sorry. This is happening a lot with the morning after pill. It should be one of the side affects they list

Sorry just read your post properly. You're at home? You need to go back to hospital now. Ectopic are dangerous. I continued to spot and had all the symptoms you describe. Hugs x

Thanks for your replies ladies I’ve woken up today with bright red blood.. going to go up to the hospital as soon as I’ve sorted my kids breakfast out, I will keep you updated xx

I'm glad that youbare going back to hospital, I suffered an ectopic Xmas 2016 and although was monitored my tube still ruptured, I'm thankful that I already had took myself back to the ward (open access) so was taken straight to theatre, I was told I was very lucky Take care, sending you many hugs x

Little update, so I went back in they put me in the ward, met a horrible doctor yet again that has said more than likely it’s ectopic as my cervix is tender too... but apparently they don’t scan anyone at weekend what !! So I’ve now been sent home still in pain and bleeding on and off and have to ring up tomorrow for a scan..

Hopefully nothing gets worse tonight whilst I’m at home with my kids grrr so annoying!

Thanks ladies for your support xxx

They've sent you home? Omg. I stayed in for 5 days before they discovered ectopic.
Did they take another blood test to measure hormone levels?
Sending love x

OMG - that's the craziest thing I've ever heard! Ectopic pregnancy can quickly become life threatening. Is there a different hospital you can go to? Or do you have your own doctor you can put in an emergency call with?

Hey ladies, just had my scan... they can see something next to my ovary that may be ectopic.. just waiting for next hcg blood test but probably won’t know anymore until later as they are so busy they said �� Just waiting for the gynaecology team to come up and review.

Urgh. Here’s to the morning after pill heh? Never again!

Big hugs hun, hopefully you won't be waiting to long for your hcg results x

Hey ladies little update!

Just returned from theatre, they decided to operate in the end, luckily it hadnt popped yet so they have just flushed the pregnancy out, tubes and ovary intact :)

Thanks for your kind words! Knew I wasn’t going crazy when I 1st came into hospital!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies :)

I was lurking, but I'm glad to see that this ended well for you. I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of this, but thrilled that you're okay and your parts made it through intact.

:hugs:

So sorry you had to go through this but I'm so glad it was taken care of before it got serious such as life threatening. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->