Pregnant again , Petrified of another miscarriage!

EloiseAndBump

Amelia + Isaac's mum!
Reaction score
I recently found out I am pregnant again, Iv'e had a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage. I have anxiety issues and when I was pregnant with my daughter all I did was worry. It feels too good to be true, I wanted to be pregnant SO bad tried for months and bam out of the blue i'm pregnant. I just feel too lucky :/ I'm terrified of a missed miscarriage or ectopic, terrified. How can I ease my worries? :flower: ( I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant, I had both my mc and chemical pregnancy at 4 weeks)

I dunno that there really is a way to stop yourself from worrying. I had a pretty hard time with DD and it took me till about 6 weeks to stop freaking out this time. But this time it's more about how unstable things are, I think my mind is just too busy on what's actually happening minute to minute than hypotheticals.

Best advice I can give is take everything day by day. Think about this day and think, "Today I am pregnant. Today everything is fine."

I had a miscarriage last month. And I worry all the time! I just try to keep myself distracted with my little boy

I'm sorry.. I feel the same way!! But just think, you already made it past week 4! So you're already doing way better then the sad times. When will your first appt be? Maybe seeing your baby will help you realize everything will be okay. It's sad how you try so hard, then once it happens it's so scary that you can't even enjoy it! That's exactly how I am. But you have a sticky bean nothing bad is happening, & everything will be okay! Praying you have a happy & healthy 9 Months!

I still feel this way at 12 weeks. I am not sure there is any help for it... try to stay busy.

I had a chemical July 1st found out I was pregnant July 31st and I am 12 weeks Sunday. Stay calm. I learned the body rids the bad things and its natural. Not everything can go prefect. Keep your head up and just hope for the best

I know how you feel!
I miscarried in Feb 5 weeks 4 days and chemical at the end April start of May.
So now I'm pregnant again. 5 weeks 5 days. And on 5+2 I had some pink bleeding. I totally lost the plot I was so upset, thought it was all over again. Was up at the hospital cause they were worried about ectopic, I've had two scans now and I've seen gestational sac with a yolk and teeny tiny fetal pole no heart beat yet but that's normal for how far I am and we should see it on Monday.
I'm still very worried and I think I will till bub is safe in my arms. I never felt like this with my two healthy pregnancies.
Fingers crossed all will go well for you this time. :hugs:

I know how u feel Hun. I have MMC back in May 2013 and the experience was so awful! And I am scared if it is happen to me if I am pregnant again this time around. I got two boys to distract me. Xxxx

Its one of those things. If you have had a previous miscarriage I think you will worry more. How long you worry for varies from person to person. Some calm down once they passed their m/c week, some once they get into 2nd tri and some never do! I think my case is made slightly more complicated as I have a cervix corrosion so will spot randomly and all the fear comes rushing back. I think once I get to v-day I'll be able to relax as I will have a baby then :)

I understand your worry...it's natural. Could you pay for a private scan at around 8 weeks if you think it will put your mind at rest? Xx

I am with you, sistahs. The worrying is just insane. My MMC in February felt like a nightmare and I'm still trying to cope with the lasting effects as I became pregnant again recently and now feel like anything and everything can go wrong at any time. I guess I was more then a little traumatized.

Not much is helping me right now, to be honest. I have "good" days and I have pretty horrible cry-a-thon-in-constant-anxiety days. Yoga helps me calm my mind, and deep breathing. Positive affirmations seem to ease the anxiety a little. And definitely staying busy. I try not to think. I will not feel excited about this pregnancy until my first scan so...yeah. Just trying to hang in there. Good luck to everyone.

Thank you all :flower:
What's getting me through is iv'e got this far already and I deserve this, I deserve to be happy :thumbup:
Just trying to focus on how happy and relived I will feel when I go for my dating scan and see that everything's okay! x

EarthMama -- <3 <3 <3

I think trying not to think about it is a good strategy. That's what I did to cope with the first few weeks until my first scan... just don't think about it... work hard, do other things.

Even after the first scan I still didn't trust it... even now I still don't... but I'm slowly coming around to think that there is a possibility I might actually have a baby. But the knowledge that you can lose it never leaves... so I'm not really excited... jsut cautious... waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Praying helps some... acknowledging that this is NOT in my control... and I need to let go of the illusion of control... and trusting that somehow I will survive regardless of the outcome.

But... once hurt, twice shy. It is what it is.

May all our babies thrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"