Pregnant and 55

For clarification, I said "people" so I wasn't specifying man or woman :flower:

I wouldn't like to be having children at that age... for me 30 is really the upper limit, but that is just a preference thing..

It's an interestin one though isn't it? Lots of people have said around 30 is their upper limit but for DH and I, that was too young!

Of course everyone at that age is different... But I really think it would be too physically demanding. Also unfair on the child, they most likely would get picked on in secondary school for having an oap mum, would a parent that age be able to keep up with a super active child? And as someone already said, they may only be around for 30ish years of their child's life. (obviously I know anyone of us could go at any minute but you get the idea)

It's an interestin one though isn't it? Lots of people have said around 30 is their upper limit but for DH and I, that was too young!

It is interesting! I was 18 when Erin was born and i cant imagine it being different. But then i cant imagine many people i knew at that time being remotely ready to be parents! So its different for everyone i think.

My DF's 48 and we're thinking of TTC again. He's probably fitter than me (i'm 25) :shrug: I don't see an issue at all.

Its down to the individual i think.
After all not all 55 year olds are the same.
But its difficult to look at it the same for men and women.
Pregnancy is gruelling and men never experience that.

Ridiculous IMO. My mum loves my babies but shes knackered after we've been round for the day and I'm there to help her! She looks after them for 6 hours on a weds when I go back to work & she used to be tired after having just Amelie. Babies are tiring enough but running about after a toddler & preschooler who doesn't nap and is non stop 24/7 then carting kids to ballet/swimming/football lessons, then having their friends round to play and for sleepovers, then dealing with a teenager when you're nearly 70... mad.

I suspect these people are in their twenties and think 30 is old......

I don't think 30 is old, or even 40 but 55 is approaching retirement age :shrug: I don't think 50 is 'old' either. My mum is 53 and i dont think she's old but too old to have kids IMO.

I really couldnt care less, Live and let live.

i myself would never have kids over 30 let alone in my 50's but then thats just me, mine will be 24 and 16 when i'm 40 ( god i'm going to have a 16 year old when i am 40 never saw that one ever! ) but then I had my son at 16 and love him dearly i would at some point before i am to old to have a life of my own, i gave myself a cut of period of 25 to have anymore as we struggled as it is so if I didn't fall pregnant by 25 it wasn't meant to be.

On the topic though i do think 55 is far to old you should be enjoying yourself not caring for a baby at that age even if you are super fit and healthy you may not be in 16 years time when you are 65 and that poor child aswell i remember twins at school getting picked on because their mum was 50 when they were 8 and it didn't stop and neither are close to their mum now which is sad because she is more like a nan than a mum in age.

I suspect these people are in their twenties and think 30 is old......

:rofl: 30-40 IS old Foogirl!, we're in bed at 8:30pm every night and up fresh as daisies at 5am when our young neighbours are just getting back from the club :rofl:

No wonder my back hurts in this pregnancy, it's time to pick up a walking cane!!!

(But yes I couldn't imagine being pregnant at 55)

No, i say 30 is my upper limit because i had my first child at 18/19, not because i think 30 is old :p Just wouldn't want so space things out that much L :) x

No, i say 30 is my upper limit because i had my first child at 18/19, not because i think 30 is old :p Just wouldn't want so space things out that much L :) x

Same here, 17 with my first 20 with my second. I really don't see myself doing it all over again at 30! X

I'm 35 and i'm pregnant with rainbow number 2. I'd have prefered to have kids younger, but nature wouldn't let me and TBH i think that nature should be the one to decide when you should stop having kids. The menopause happens for a reason.

I very much believe that age is just a number and if a woman wants to be a mother at 55 and can provide just as well as any other I dont see why not. Personally, id want to be nearing grandmother stage when I'm that age but each to their own xxx

my OH's mum had him at 43 so not too bad but his dad was 64 and his dad is now 84 and still going strong and they have a fantastic bond/relationship and his childhood etc was never hindered so i dont think its a problem at all (although i wouldnt do it)

Gosh i just thought, if i have a baby at 55 my son will be 37 eeeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"