Pregnant and 55

Obviously it can. There are cases of even older women giving birth.

...they can carry it although i would imagine it may cause stress on the body. Also i dont think that any woman [ and i may be wrong] has fallen pregnant naturally at that age which is the point i was saying that nature is saying its not meant to be after a certain time.

I stand corrrected:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tors-falling-pregnant-aged-54--NATURALLY.html

and found this too upon googling:

The oldest woman known to have given birth after falling pregnant naturally was Dawn Brooke, 59, from Guernsey, who had a son in 1997.

wow!!!

Ok what about giving birth, is it safe for a woman aged 55 and over to deliver naturally? I'm just curious :]

This is really truly amazing!!! got this from wikipedia:

Mrs Steve Pace, of Rose Hill[disambiguation needed], Virginia, is reported have given birth to her 17th child, a boy, in October 1941, at the extreme age of 73. She was then already mother of 16 children, whose the last was born in 1918, twenty-three years earlier.

Not sure about giving birth naturally. There is of course risk factors with carrying a baby at that age though.The risk of pregnancy complications increases as the mother's age increases. Risks associated with childbearing over the age of 50 include an increased incidence of gestational diabetes, hypertension, delivery by caesarean section, miscarriage, preeclampsia, and placenta previa.[3][7] In comparison to mothers between 20 and 29 years of age, mothers over 50 are at almost three times the risk of low birth weight, premature birth, and extremely premature birth; their risk of extremely low birth weight, small size for gestational age, and fetal mortality was almost double.[8]

I dont know. I dont think it matters having a baby at 55 but a toddler may sure be harder. I had my son at 17 and he is disabled. We dont get much sleep etc lol and its such a strain I would imagine for someone elderly this would be harder and definitely in their 60's/70's. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->