Pregnant and ill!

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
So I caught this blimmin cold/flu off my brother! Is it harmful for my baby? I am nearly 10 weeks and google isnt helping much!
Ive basically had a very very slight temp, nothing to be concerned about. Very stuffy and runny nose. Headache since last night and extremely tired since yesterday.
Should I be doing something or taking anything? I dont want this to be harmful to my baby so any help would be appreciated thanks!

I'll put it to you this way. At 11 weeks I got tonsillitis, strep throat, coxsackie and had a cold for about 3 weeks. I was in the hospital 3x, was on antibiotics, steroids.. You name it! I couldn't eat, drink, sleep for 3 weeks. My doctor was at no point concerned about the babies health. He said to watch my fever, since little one can't regulate their own body temp yet. Just keep taking tylenol really to keep it down.

That's not to say everyone is different though, but those LOs are protected. Get checked for reassurance, and feel better!

Wow you went through a lot at 11 weeks! Glad all was okay guess Im just worrying over nothing after all

Colds aren't dangerous to LOs. Most meds are not safe though so you'll have to suffer it out.

You should be okay as long as your temp doesn't go extremely high, I had flu for 3/4 weeks when I first found out I was pregnant, just take paracetamol and it should pass over slowly!x

I've got a sickness and diarohhia bug :( feelong pretty miserable! Defo not morning sickness its so violent! I've taken to the bed lol x

Have you had your flu jab yet? I had mine a couple of days ago.

Sorry you're feeling crap! Hopefully it passes quickly :hugs:

No I didnt know I needed a flu job? Doctor hasnt said anything to me when I told her I was pregnant. And just started having diarrhoea the past few hours but thankfully most of my other flu symptoms have gone

I don't know how it works in Wales but there are adverts on the TV and radio here in Edinburgh that women in all trimesters should be getting the flu jab. It's normally the midwife that arranges it but my first appt with her isn't until Thursday and I was at the doc on Friday anyway so he just gave me it there and then. I had to ask if I should be getting it and he said "yep, I can do it now if you want."

Oh right. I havent seen a midwife yet. She rang me and said she will will see me at 16 weeks so I could just ask her then

I agree. Just watch that temp. Does paracetamol (I live in the US, but that is what is offered where you live, right?) work as a fever reducer? If so, if your fever goes up more than a little, know that it's safe to take that. But I wouldn't take ANYthing else. A slightly cool shower/bath to help cool you off might even do the trick. Still, the temperature is the only issue here. I've gotten a cold that has turned into a sinus infection with all 3 of my pregnancies in first tri, and it's a pain in the butt to get through without any medications to help ease the symptoms, but I turn on my vaporizer, increase my fluids, get plenty of rest, and whine through it. :) No, it won't hurt baby.

I'm in the same boat.. I've had tonsillitis and earache since Friday :( Been to the docs today and I've got amoxicillin and she said to keep taking paracetamol and the throat syrup I've got which is safe for use in pregnancy. Feeling so sorry for myself today though.. I can hardly swallow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->