pregnant and verrryy worried pls help

valentinacast

Reaction score
Good afternoon I am pregnant with my second child and this pregnancy has been nothing like the first one! Yesterday I had my ultrasound and my doctor said my cervix is openning.
I am 22 weeks pregnant and my cervix lenght is 3.2cm they said is to late for cerclage and gave me the option of taking Progesterone injection! I sure accepted right away since they said their is no harm to my baby! I am so worried and can't stop thinking about it! I feel like my belly is so low and sometimes I feel the baby pulling down! I need an advice please,anybody can help with anything, a good word or experience about someting similar! My first baby was born a week later then my due date.
I would apreciate any advice, thank you!

Didn't want to read and run so sending lots o hugs instead xxxx

huge hugs wish i had some answers hun all i can do is wish u luck x

Sending you lots of :hugs:

Has the hospital recommended bed rest? Even if they haven't I would recommend trying to take it easy. I would also try and minimise risks of infection so avoid baths & swimming. I would ask the hospital for steroids around 23/24 weeks to help the baby's lungs.

I hope you keep cooking for many more weeks.

Good luck xx

well yesterday I got my first injection and they said I need to get one every week untill 37 weeks....My cervix was 4 cm and when my doctor preasure my belly it openned to 3.2cm is that very bad???

I am going to be seen in 12 weeks, I am so scared I have been laying down all day...
my husband is a marine and comes home by 8 or 9 pm so I am here by myself trying to find some answers and somebody that can help me not being so stressed!

The progesterone injections will hopefully strengthen your cervix so it won't open with the pressure. Since having the girls one thing I have learnt that every pregnancy is different so unfortunately you won't get any definite answers as even the professionals are limited in what they can tell you.

The steroids to help mature a babies lungs are given in 2 shots 24 hours apart although in some cases 12 hours apart. When you go and see the doctor in 12 days ask about getting them because if your baby is born early they will help lots.

I know how awful it is feeling your baby inside and praying they stay there because I dilated at 21 weeks and after 5 days when they knew I wasn't going to labour I had a stitch put in but it was still a rocky journey and felt like getting to 24 weeks so they were viable was never going to happen.

:hugs::hugs:

I can add a cervix can change pretty dramatically. We had scans every 4 weeks or so and you could literally see the cervix lengthening and shortening, so really, we couldn't get an accurate measurement. It could go to 4 to 2 in a few seconds, and back.

Hey Hun..at 18 weeks my cervix was shortening and only 2.8mm and my membranes were funneling.there is a whole thread with thousands of posts called incompetent cervix and stitch/cerci age with lots of ladies who have had similar situations to you.were your membranes funnelling?cos your cervix length doesn't sound too bad to me you my just have had a short one to begin with.mine wasn't even super short they just knew it was shortening because of the funneling membranes.i was put in immediate bed rest and as I had a complete prévia a Verlaine was not an option for my ob either as the risk of infection was far too high.i was put on progesterone pestered twice a day every day and also had a medication to stop any contractions I might have.i saw my ob once a fortnight from then an on the off week I had a scan at his office to check the length.with bed rest and progesterone it lengthened to 3 and stayed there til 30 weeks.i made it to 36 weeks before my waters broke and I went into labour although I stopped bed rest and the medication at 34 weeks.hope this helps.good luck!

25mm is the threshold for worry so I wouldn't get too stressed x

Thank you so much girls! Yesterday has been a very crazy day but with all the searching on the internet I got some really good answers. I pray everything is going to be fine with my little princess and every other baby in the world! Kisses and hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->