Pregnant at your wedding?

Kitkat_11am

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but i'm wondering if anyone has got married whilst pregnant? Me and OH are getting married in the summer '09 but we recently decided to start ttc-ing in Feb '09 which means if we get lucky and conceive quickly I could be about 4 months gone at our wedding.

thanks in advance :D

i was ment to be getting married on june 6th 09 but babys due may 20th 09 so we are going to put the wedding back or have a small registry office wedding before babys here then our big expensive one once LO is older

We are. My OH and i are getting married 14th Feb 09 and we cant wait. i will be able about 32 weeks than so yeah. Bubs is due in April 09 :) we were going to have this huge massive wedding in June 09 but we fell pregnant and our prioitise (sp?) have changed now and we have realised that we would rather have a small wedding and give bubs everything that we have got :)
We have narrowed the guest list from 150 to 20 :) gotta love that as well :)
Small beach wedding with parents and siblings only :)
Also already got my dress... it is amazing!!!!

I dont care what people say about us getting married when i am pregnant... shot gun wedding etc etc we figure say what ever they like.... i get to marry the love of my life :) :) :) that is what i think anyways :)

Our wedding is all set for the 9th of Feb (I'll be about 6 months gone by this point.)

We're getting married a bit later on in the day incase my morning sickness hasn't gone away and I'm not getting my dress until 3 weeks before, and I have people on hand who can adjust it if necessary.

Good luck hun and I hope everthing goes well for you :)

We're getting married on November 1st...I will be around 9 weeks along!

I just LOVE that the three of us will be going on our honeymoon to Hawaii together too... and thankfully I planned it for the first week of December - we'll be in the second trimester then!

Best of luck to you!!!

My OH and I won't be married til next year, but we are already trying for baby now. I don't think its a biggie. Its all what makes you happy.

good luck!!

im getting married in 11 days!!! and im 14 weeks pg now!

Ive got a bit of a bump, but OH and i love the fact that our little one will be with us on the day and on our honeymoon with us!

We planned to sart trying in July, and were pg within a month! Even though we knew the wedding was comming up - we wanted to start trying, so we did and now, as i said, little one is with us! - although my dress will be a little tight!

Will my first i get married when i was 12 weeks, i was really scared that flying would hurt the bean (silly i know) so i had my honeymoon in the UK lol
Good luck with it all hun xxxx

I was, 7 weeks ! We brought wedding forward from christmas to august!! It was still a perfect day :)

Thanks so much for the replies. We were going to wait but I had a little nephew arrive recently and its spurred me and my bf on to try for our own :baby: As pointed out I can always get a dress altered if I have a big bump!

I just got married 3 weeks ago and was 8 weks pregnant....

I got quite badly bloated and my boobs got rather large but I had extra modesty panel added and it was a lace up so no problem.

And although I was sick on day I dont know if it was morning sickness or nerves.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Elmaxie hope you had a great wedding! I'm going to go for a lace-up back dress also, just in case. I like the look of lace up dresses too.

Jerseyshoregirl and helenbun, hope you enjoyed your weddings!!

Just got married this past Saturday at 8wks6d. Had a fantastic time!!!

i wish i had been pregnant when i got married then i might not have spilt rose wine all donw my nice white dress, and not got quite so drunk :rofl: (i wouldn't really change it for the world but i was very drunk!!!)

i had a lace up dress too and reckon it would have been quite easy to fit over a little bump if that helps

good luck!

We got married July last year when i was 5 months ish gone, my dress was a very flattering style and in the pics i didn't even look pregnant. But that said, there would have been nothing wrong with it if i had looked pregnant, was actually bit gutted no one couls see lol x

Sorry to bump this thread again :blush:

I'm not getting my dress until 3 weeks before, and I have people on hand who can adjust it if necessary.

Angel2fire, are you getting a traditional wedding gown for your wedding? The bridal shops keep telling me to order 6 months in advance, which gives me 2 weeks! I was hoping to wait a while incase anything happens after xmas, If I have my fitting and order now we'll definitely have to wait until after the wedding.

If anyone else has sucessfully got a dress at short notice let me know please!

I ordered mine 9 months in advance and nearly had no wedding dress, i used a supposedly really good, reputable shop for larger ladies, was big mistake. However, when looking for a replacement just in case, the lady in the shop said she could get one in in 2 weeks, however you need to be aware of allowing times for any alterations, sometimes the seamstress can only do certain times so my take longer, also if she can do short notice sometimes is a surcharge. I am sure you will find fabby dress of your dreams and all will be perfect xxx

I was ment to get married on 14th feb 09, id be 20 weeks exact then, but my family want me to wait because i was only planning a small registry wedding, but dad said he wanted me to wait a yr or 2 so he could pay for my 'dream' wedding, so i have deicded on waiting, even though i love my oh and want to marry him, everyone knows we are engaged and happy. I know i am going to be with him all my life, plus the stress of the wedding was getting to me, and obviosuly our main focus now is the baby, plus it will be ncie having our little one running around on our wedding day, abnd who knows, hopefully il be pregnant again by then :)
although i do want to look slim and beautiful on my day. Mum said i got to look back on these pics for the rest of my life so i suppose i dont mind waiting :)
I would like to have this baby, tehn another, then have the wedding so prob in about 2 yrs yay then both my babies will be there, then we can try again lol,.
Ooh sorry, look at me telling everyone my dream and life storey lol xx

I'm going to be about 14 weeks when we get married in December. We had booked our honeymoon in Florida and we pre-booked all the tickets and everything so have lost about £200 on theme park tickets that I now can't use but it's no big deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->