Pregnant but plan to go to uni next sept?

pinhams

Mam of 2 & ttc #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Im currently 10weeks pregnant and this is a very wanted pregnancy.

I am 30 and currently doing an access course. I go into my final year in september and im doing very well so far.

DH and I discussed another baby and this was something he wanted more than me at the beginning but i was quick to agree aslong as i could continue with my studies and plans.

However, i dunno if its because its feeling more real now but im worried that once it comes to applying for uni's, they wont want me as i I will be pregnant for the interview and have a young baby when September comes.

Has anyone been through anything like this? or attends uni with a young baby?

Thank you and sorry for the rant x

I started uni when my son was 4 months old. I am now in my final year, come october, and am 6+1 at present. It can be done. You just have to be super organised, like regimentally organised. I do, however, study online x

Hey you're just behind me and I'm doing a full time course and almost full time job. I am planning to work just part time once baby is here and keep up my studies. Ideally I want to be back at it almost straight away as mine is mainly online with one weekend away a month studying. However I'm realistic that I might have to delay to September. However my September 2017 it should definitely be achievable. Is that when your course would start? You can do it!

Oh and I'm having a year mat leave from work which will help as it will just be studies and kids to juggle for a year

Please don't worry. I'm a university lecturer and regularly interview prospective students from all walks of life, including many students who are pregnant/have children. There are also several students on my degree pregnant at the moment; support is always available!

Hey you're just behind me and I'm doing a full time course and almost full time job. I am planning to work just part time once baby is here and keep up my studies. Ideally I want to be back at it almost straight away as mine is mainly online with one weekend away a month studying. However I'm realistic that I might have to delay to September. However my September 2017 it should definitely be achievable. Is that when your course would start? You can do it!

I am already doing a part time access course which will end in June but I know the teachers will support me and I can get through this year. Come March when baby is born I will mainly stay at home and study and just attend college when I need too.

University if I get in and all goes well will start in September. By then baby will be about 6 months. I'm just worried now uni won't accept me because I'm pregnant. I already have 3 children. X

Please don't worry. I'm a university lecturer and regularly interview prospective students from all walks of life, including many students who are pregnant/have children. There are also several students on my degree pregnant at the moment; support is always available!

Thank u so much for that, it's made me relax a little! I hope all are like you :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->