Pregnant friends avoiding me :(

littlepeps

Reaction score
My friends know that we are seeking help for fertility issues and Im now starting to feel like I have leprosy !!!

A few of my friends have gotten pregnant in the past year and as soon as they do I dont here from them again !! I love hearing all the pregnancy woes and all the cute stuff they buy for their babies but I feel like Im being pushed out.

Im not one of these crazed childless women who is going to snatch their babies, Im finding it all a bit hurtful, I guess they think I will find it upsetting, but quite the opposite, I feel sooo happy for them and want to be part of the excitement.

Im I alone in experiencing this ????

I experienced this when going through treatment with my second. My own best friend couldn't even tell me she was pregnant until she was nearly 5 months! She avoided me as she didn't want to upset me :(

This time were not telling anyone about TTC no 3. We dont want people feeling sorry for us.

In your situation I would tell your friends how you feel. They probably just think they are doing the best by you without realising its having the opposite effect.

Good luck :hugs:

Honestly, I would prefer your type of friends then the ones who have no consideration for your emotions whatsoever than those who are trying to not hurt you by trying to keep pregnancy away from you. I would sit down with them though and have a chat, maybe just talking to clear things up will help? Cheers. :hugs:

My pregnant friends are weird with me as well!! It sucks and I feel like TTC is a very lonely road!

:hugs: Awww, honey.:hugs:

It's not that they think you're an infertile crazy baby-snatcher. I think they're just trying not to hurt you. I got pregnant at the exact same time as my husband's friend's wife. We had the same due date! It was so cool going through it with someone at the same time. And then she had a miscarriage. And I had NO IDEA what to do to make her feel better. I felt like seeing my pregnant face would just hurt her. I felt like talking about pregnancy would hurt her. I was so terrified of making her pain worse that I sort of just avoided her. Even now, when I see her and she holds my baby, my heart hurts because she should have her own baby that exact age!

Maybe tell your friends how you're feeling. Tell them your pain doesn't mean you're not happy for them. Show them how you want the relationship to be. They're probably afraid of hurting you.

I'm sure your friends are scared of upsetting you.
While I knew my friends would be happy for me when I was expecting DS I was scared that behind closed doors it would be like somebody just rubbed salt in a sore wound. When 2 of my very LTTTC friends concieved while I was pregnant the completely reduced me to tears of complete and utter elation. I was more excited and delighted for them than anybody can imagine. The 3rd one is due soon and she almost got me in tears too with her BFP anouncment.

I'm really lucky to have DS I've just had it confirmed that I have PCOS and been trying for 11 months for baby 2.

I note this is an oldish thread have you managed to speak with your friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->