Pregnant or body adjusting?- When should I test?

ser_de_lluvia

Reaction score
:wacko:
Hi ladies, new here, I'm a little confussed and thought i'd get your opinions:

I've been on the pill for about a year, went off it in october, got back on in november (ok so less than a full calendar year). Previously i'd been on it for a few years and had my period like clockwork every month (even though it was a chemical one). This past year, i switched to ortho tri cyclen lo and have watched my chemical period get lighter and lighter and some months even non-existant. When I stopped taking it in October, i'd say about a week, week an a half later, I had my period.

Fast forward to May of this year, my SO and I decided to stop taking bc (mostly because it was driving me crazy) and let nature take its course. I stopped taking it right after my birthday (05/26/13) and it's now almost July and I still haven't gotten my period.

How do i feel? Progressively like crap lol: I've been cramping all month, but no spotting or AF, i'm exhausted and have had terrible mood swings. This week, the girls are definately bigger and I have headaches during the day. I tested last week and got a negative. Did i test too soon? I have no idea when or if i ovulated this month but i can confirm that we've had unprotected sex since late May.

Also, i've been on/off the pill for a while, but for the majority of my life, my period has been extremely predictable, i could almost set a watch to it. There's only been one time that i didn't get my period for a month and after week 4 it came with a vengence...is my body just adjusting to not being on the pill- even though last time i came off, i almost immediately got my period? Any thoughts or comments would be helpful. Thanks :)

Just read your post - wanted to check in and see if you tested? When I came off the ring I felt like I was going crazy and I was sure I was pregnant! Turns out it was my body reacting to the hormone change, but I do know that many women get pregnant the first month they are off. Hope you got the answer you wanted! :hugs:

Hi, I'm in pretty much the same position bar a few details. I stopped taking the mini pill about 3 weeks ago and still no sign of Mother Nature. And I have always been regular even when off birth control. We had sex two days before me coming off the pill and once I was off it I did wonder if I would have been covered. Anyways fast forward three weeks. No sign of my period. I've been feeling nauseous at night and in the morning, had bad intergestion, hiccups and a almighty headache every day! Not to mention my boobs feeling bigger and my nipples hurting. Also, I haven been trying to lose weight this week at 1200 calories and stuck to it strictly, however I have only lost two pound?!?

We are currently WWT but not worried if I am. I haven't spoken to my DH as of yet and I'm probably wishing that I was. Don't know whether to test ahhhhh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->