Pregnant or "Mittelschmerz" or What *sigh*

jellybeansan

Newlywed
Reaction score
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum section, I liked the "not trying not preventing" since that describes my status more or less...

It is too early for me to take a pregnancy test, as my period is due next week

On the last day of my period and couple of days afterwards, my husband and I had sex using the pull out method.

*What worries me is that a week later (so 10 days in my cycle, or roughly when ovulation should be) I had very dull aching period-like pain in the left lower abdomen, and then all over the lower abdomen for 2 days. (It didn't hurt like a normal stomach ache, or urinary infection, no pain when passing urine, just very dull pain that seemed a lot like period pain

*The abdominal pain then ceased, but I started spotting (this has never happened to me, I am not on bc pills, never have been, my period is regular, although always shorter than usual 21-25 days), and still am spotting (3/4 days)

*Along with the spotting I have body temp of 37 degrees, feeling tired, nauseous, sore breasts (the latter is normal actually, in the week before the period is due and wouldn't normally concern me)

I went to see a doctor and did tests for various STIs/UTI because I was worried- didn't know what's going on, but the results will come through next week, and in the meanwhile I am agonizing over this...

Is it possible to be pregnant? Or is this just painful ovulation based on increased stress? I never used even notice days of ovulation, so it's not normal for me, which is why I am confused...

A part of me thinks that it is far too early to be experiencing pregnancy symptoms, seeing as my period is due next week and that it can't possibly be it, so I more or less want confirmation of this from other members of the forum

I'll rephrase...

If anyone has experienced Mittelschmerz, could you tell me what are the symptoms and is it very likely to be spotting for a few days while ovulating? Does your temperature rise slightly during ovulation?

If you had unprotected sex (search pre-ejaculate to understand why I see the withdrawal method as such) a week before you ovulated you could well be pregnant :)

The cramps and aches "mittelschmerz" you mention at 10dpo seems pretty common during ovulation (more so when the egg is being fertilised as the cell division begins and HcG hormones get released) so don't worry there :)

Spotting after could well be implantation bleeding (ie little eggy nestling in to your uterine lining)

When was the first day of your last period?
How long are your normal cycles?
Counting your first day of your period as Day 1, what day are you now?

My last period was on 31december (until 5 jan), my periods last 24/25 days

the pain/spotting coincides with ovulation, which is why I'm 70% sure I'm experiencing some sort of ovulation pain for the first time, but I have a nagging 30% I might be pregnant.... and I'll go mad till I find out for sure :/

My last period was on 31december (until 5 jan), my periods last 24/25 days

the pain/spotting coincides with ovulation, which is why I'm 70% sure I'm experiencing some sort of ovulation pain for the first time, but I have a nagging 30% I might be pregnant.... and I'll go mad till I find out for sure :/

As your cycles are quite short (typical is 28days) you are probably about 6DPO (days past ovulation) if you search 6DPO you will see your symptoms are quite common, but also quite positive :D

Most people start testing at 12DPO but others start far earlier with very sensitive tests :D

Let me know how it goes :D

xxx

As for sperm in pre-ejaculate, I've read contradicting things... but a website that claims you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate fluid also says "If a guy ejaculates close to the outside of the vagina, the sperm can swim up into the vagina" that sounds a bit like "You could even get pregnant if you sit on a public toilet seat"

Not saying that the pull out method is 100% effective...

uh oh, wait and see.

As for sperm in pre-ejaculate, I've read contradicting things... but a website that claims you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate fluid also says "If a guy ejaculates close to the outside of the vagina, the sperm can swim up into the vagina" that sounds a bit like "You could even get pregnant if you sit on a public toilet seat"

uh oh, wait and see.

Isn't this how JD got Kim pregnant in scrubs lol

From the NHS (so hopefully reliable- if perhaps aimed at a younger audience :p :) )

https://www.nhs.uk/livewell/sexandyoungpeople/pages/sexmythsbusted.aspx

If a positive is what you want then I really hope you get it, FX'd! At the same time, if a negative is what you want then I will keep my FX'd for that too! :thumbup:

uh oh, wait and see.

Isn't this how JD got Kim pregnant in scrubs lol

lol didn't she also give birth to the singer from Men at work as he sang "I come from a land down under" :))))

I've read so many negative things about birth control pills, even my gyno said best contraception is condom+spermicide, but after we got married we haven't been that careful and we really should have...

I have been under tremendous stress lately, so it might be just hormonal imbalance... UGH I'd like to be pregnant BUT when I'm financially ready for it, this is bad timing, but I guess we were asking for it... I am very confused... and hope whatever is the outcome will be for the best...

You can have spotting around the time of ovulation due to the hormone changes.

Also pre-cum only contains sperm if the man hasn't passed urine since the last time he ejaculated.

Hope you get the result you are after.

Well, my test results from the doctor's came through, and it turned out I had BV, so he prescribed antibiotics... Only when I went to the pharmacy to get them, I also asked for a pregnancy test, and they told me to test first and start taking them if it's negative, otherwise go back to doctor's for advice.

I am pretty sure by this point that I'm not pregnant, and that my fear got the best of me and started imagining symptoms of pregnancy, still, just in case I'll wait for AF and then start taking antibiotics thereafter.

I suppose when I started this thread, I didn't realise that NTNP is actually not that different to TTC (after reading some posts on here about charting etc), so my post may be confusing, as to why I was hoping for BFN! So how do you call "Preventing with unreliable method of contraception"... I'm guessing "stupid".

Anyway, I asked the doctor to prescribe me bc pills, and yaz/yasmin on the recommendation of a gyno. But the doctor said, because I have suffered from migraines I'm at a greater risk of stroke (!!!) that put me right off... then he suggested a p.o.p (cerazette) which I wasn't sure about, and reading up on the net, seems like side-effects are weight gain etc. :S ... with all these things connected to the pill, such as risk of stroke, clotting, varicose veins, gaining weight, growing facial hair and whatnot, I am really reluctant to try... so decided to stick to good old condoms, and DH can frown at condoms all he wants. All week he's been freaking out at the word "pregnant", going pale and saying he is DREADING that possibility, he said he will buy me an expensive dress and celebrate when the result is BFN... So if he feels that strongly about it, I think he needs to get used to condoms, because I don't want to mess with my hormones on the pill...

Have you thought about having a coil fitted?

...as an aside I think in terms of classification you are probably "waiting to try" or perhaps not trying at all (although I think the latter isn't covered in this forum) :D

Well, my test results from the doctor's came through, and it turned out I had BV, so he prescribed antibiotics... Only when I went to the pharmacy to get them, I also asked for a pregnancy test, and they told me to test first and start taking them if it's negative, otherwise go back to doctor's for advice.

I am pretty sure by this point that I'm not pregnant, and that my fear got the best of me and started imagining symptoms of pregnancy, still, just in case I'll wait for AF and then start taking antibiotics thereafter.

I suppose when I started this thread, I didn't realise that NTNP is actually not that different to TTC (after reading some posts on here about charting etc), so my post may be confusing, as to why I was hoping for BFN! So how do you call "Preventing with unreliable method of contraception"... I'm guessing "stupid".

Anyway, I asked the doctor to prescribe me bc pills, and yaz/yasmin on the recommendation of a gyno. But the doctor said, because I have suffered from migraines I'm at a greater risk of stroke (!!!) that put me right off... then he suggested a p.o.p (cerazette) which I wasn't sure about, and reading up on the net, seems like side-effects are weight gain etc. :S ... with all these things connected to the pill, such as risk of stroke, clotting, varicose veins, gaining weight, growing facial hair and whatnot, I am really reluctant to try... so decided to stick to good old condoms, and DH can frown at condoms all he wants. All week he's been freaking out at the word "pregnant", going pale and saying he is DREADING that possibility, he said he will buy me an expensive dress and celebrate when the result is BFN... So if he feels that strongly about it, I think he needs to get used to condoms, because I don't want to mess with my hormones on the pill...

I'm on BCP (allese) and it hasn't increased my migraines at all and I believe in the information packet it talks about increased risk of stroke in women over a certain age. My Dr. said it wouldn't be an issue.

The reason I like being on the pill is no ovulation = no ovulation symptoms and cramps. Sometimes I get really bad cramps with ovulation, and really sore boobies. BEing on the pill, I don't have these pains. yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->