Pregnant with #2 - #1 is 6yo

miniegg36

Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve recently found out I’m pregnant with baby number 2. My DD is 6, 7 in December and I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar age gap? I love our life now and have well and truly forgotten about those baby days. On days out I don’t take a bag of crap out, she’s so independent and gets herself ready for bed now, after she’s gone to bed she sleeps well until a reasonable time in the morning. I’m about to embark on those early day’s again and if I’m honest, I’m scared.

Hey, I am pregnant with #2 and my son will be 6 in November. I am a little worried about a baby because my son is pretty independent as well

A friend of mine is in a similar position, her eldest will be 8 when the baby arrives.

I also have a friend whose two older kids were 11 & 13 when their younger ones arrived, and she loved it. She said they were able to help so much, and it was great only have one little one to worry about packing stuff, getting dressed and changed etc.

Hey, I am pregnant with #2 and my son will be 6 in November. I am a little worried about a baby because my son is pretty independent as well

im so nervous about the baby stage again. Are you? I know my daughter will just love it and be so helpful but I then worry that I won’t be able to spend time with her.

im so nervous about the baby stage again. Are you? I know my daughter will just love it and be so helpful but I then worry that I won’t be able to spend time with her.

Oh yes, I am so nervous about it and how it will go. We have only had one child for so long that he is use to getting our undivided attention so it will definitely be an adjustment.

My dd will have just turned 8 when this baby arrives. We didn’t plan this age gap it took us nearly 3 years to conceive. Dd is desperate for a sibling and she will make a fab big sis. I am a little worried about the baby stage just hope I haven’t forgotten too much x

Th
My dd will have just turned 8 when this baby arrives. We didn’t plan this age gap it took us nearly 3 years to conceive. Dd is desperate for a sibling and she will make a fab big sis. I am a little worried about the baby stage just hope I haven’t forgotten too much x

This is how my daughter is, desperate to be a big sister. She’s just found out she’s going to be a cousin so is so excited about that!
Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck with the baby stage! Maybe us second time arounders with a big age gap should stick together!!!
Good friends of ours have 2 incredibly beautiful daughters, inside and out and the age gap is 7 years between them so I just keep thinking about them!! X

That’s nice that you know a family with similar age gap that works well. My dd has cousins but they don’t live near us they are a 6 hr drive away so can’t pop and see them on the weekends. She is the only child in the family where we live. I can see the comments on the age gap coming when we announce and I already feel angry as I kind of know which family members will make that comment. I can see myself loosing it with them, they have no idea what we have been through to get get. People speak without thinking !

I'm in the same boat. My daughter will be almost 10 when baby arrives. I also have 2 stepsons that will be 8 and 10. My husband and I have questioned what were we thinking to start all over with bottles and bags. Having said that, we're over the moon to add to our family.

I'm in the same boat. My daughter will be almost 10 when baby arrives. I also have 2 stepsons that will be 8 and 10. My husband and I have questioned what were we thinking to start all over with bottles and bags. Having said that, we're over the moon to add to our family.
Congratulations! I do think it’s so important that we all keep talking about it! It is incredibly daunting going back to the beginning again now we have such an established routine!

I haven't been on here for ages! I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old. My daughter was 7 when I had my second and I just wanted to say that the age gap is awesome. She was and still is SO helpful. She adores him. I worried about doing the baby stage again but I was so much more relaxed about it and just had to get on with things because of my daughter and I think it actually helped :) congratulations!

I haven't been on here for ages! I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old. My daughter was 7 when I had my second and I just wanted to say that the age gap is awesome. She was and still is SO helpful. She adores him. I worried about doing the baby stage again but I was so much more relaxed about it and just had to get on with things because of my daughter and I think it actually helped :) congratulations!
Thank you so much for your positive reply. It’s really helped me feel more relaxed about it. X

My first and second have a 5 year gap and this baby and my second will have almost a 6 year gap. I actually really love the gap. Its why we decided to hold off on a third for so long. I get the fear of starting over but keep in mind its such a short amount of time! Also if your older one is anything like mine was they were so excited for a little sibling that they wanted to help all the time.

My son was 10 when my 2nd child was born. I remember feeling nervous about having a newborn again after so long. But it all went pretty smoothly and my son was a big help!

Congratulations!

My two are 23 months apart and if everything goes well with this pregnancy, they'll be 11 and 9 when the baby is born!

I never imagined going back to the baby stage after such a long gap, especially since their dad had a vasectomy when DS2 was 4! But this pregnancy is with a new partner and I'm a mixed bag of excitement and terror tbh! I had my boys at 24 and 26 so never for one minute expected I'd be contemplating birth and breastfeeding etc all over again at 35 but after suffering a miscarriage back in Feb it's only made me more certain that I want this and that it will be worth the worry and sleepless nights!

I'm hoping that my boys being so independent will make those early weeks a little easier but I definitely worry about not being able to spend quality time with them. I'm hoping their excitement about the baby will take the edge off having a sleep-deprived, not-much-fun mum for a few months!

I can totally relate to being nervous with an age gap, I’m pregnant with baby #3 with a 12 and 8 soon to be 9 year old

Congratulations!

My two are 23 months apart and if everything goes well with this pregnancy, they'll be 11 and 9 when the baby is born!

I never imagined going back to the baby stage after such a long gap, especially since their dad had a vasectomy when DS2 was 4! But this pregnancy is with a new partner and I'm a mixed bag of excitement and terror tbh! I had my boys at 24 and 26 so never for one minute expected I'd be contemplating birth and breastfeeding etc all over again at 35 but after suffering a miscarriage back in Feb it's only made me more certain that I want this and that it will be worth the worry and sleepless nights!

I'm hoping that my boys being so independent will make those early weeks a little easier but I definitely worry about not being able to spend quality time with them. I'm hoping their excitement about the baby will take the edge off having a sleep-deprived, not-much-fun mum for a few months!
Wow amazing! Congratulations! It really does make me feel less nervous hearing others stories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->