Pregnant with #3 with previous cesareans

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Ive previously had 2 cesareans, one emergency and one elective. My scar is pretty long! I don't have one of those neat scars that you can't see.

Last cesarean was in 2014 but sometimes it can still hurt especially around AF! Im really worried about carrying this baby in case it really hurts.

Anyone else in the same position? Just need a little reassurance that it will be ok xxx

Im in the same position i had a crash section and about a month before mine actually bled a bit plus i have a thin uterus , got mysekf so worried i actually messaged my midwife (havnt met her yet) and she said that it shouldnt be a risk at early stages x

Its so scary isn't it!
You forget when you just want to have a baby and now im like "Oh crap, forgot about that bit" lol

Thank you replying - glad the early stages are OK! Hope all is good with you xxx

Thankyou hun x yea all good here apart from being a bag of nerves! Had alot of complications in last pregnancy (lack of fetal growth, group b strep, thin uterine walls etc) so i know what you mean when you say its hard to relax and enjoy x have got midwife monday so she will prob give me more info on cesarean scar and will let ya know :) x

I've had two c-sections as well! They were "emergency" but not "rush into the ER" type of emergency. Just that my first son wouldn't fit through my pelvis, and complications for the second. I just had my youngest son last February. So of course I hope my body can handle another pregnancy so soon. But I think over a year is enough time to heal!
Good luck to all!!

Thank you Phantom!

i was woken up last night with a really sharp pain on my scar on the left side as i tried to stretch out! I assumed the worst but it wasn't really a cramp! Was more of a pain...

I think realistically we will be fine but when it comes to stretching the scar tissue wont be as bendy as a normal uterus i guess! Its going to hurt at times :(

Hiya,

I've had 3 x sections and am currently trying for #4 which will be a section.

So I have three different scars, all lumpy and bumpy and guessing I'll have a fourth at some point (hopefully!); I found the third section the easiest to recover from and I think that's because you know exactly what's coming!

I wrote to my consultant after my third and asked what sort of state my uterus was in and he wrote back and said 'remarkably unscathed' so I took that as a green light for number 4 (any excuse!).

One thing I'll say ladies, is that the early-pregnancy cramping was much stronger and so were the after-birth pains with my third; they definitely get worse the more kids you have so be warned and don't let them panic you.

Three is scary, but fab - congratulations :) :)

xxxxxxxxx

Yea ive had a few pains in my scar as well, not crampy but almost like the skin is cutting if that makes sense x im not overly worried as my midwife doesnt seem concerned and lots of women have many pregnancies and births after a c section x

Thanks for that Edthedog :) its always nice to get some advice from ladies who have been through this! I couldnt quite remember if i felt this pain with my 2nd one.

Im struggling at the moment my 3 year old who's usually very independent, is being very needy and some days has refused to walk which has made the pain even worse!

I wonder what my uterus is looking like... at my last one all they said was it went as well as expected, she called it text book! The recovery was easier then! I hope this one goes well - I have pretty bad anxiety and i remember being so scared with an elective. My emergency one, i was so out of it I dont quite remember what was happening!

Hi ladies,
I JUST found out I'm pregnant with number 3 (due New Year's Eve). My first was a vaginal delivery, and my second was a section due to breech position. Since I will have about 2.5 years since the section, I'm hoping to VBAC the third. However, things don't always go according to plan. Thank you to those who have shared their reassuring stories of multiple sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->