Pregnant with a toddler

Timtilly

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I'm just wondering if anyone can help, I'm exhausted, is there anything that might help me cope with a non-napping 22 month old?
Is anyone else in the same boat? Hubby is helpful, but I'm just feeling so sad I'm not able to play with her as usual, due to my tiredness!

Please help!

It's hard! I have a young 2 year old and I'm a SAHM. I just can't get out of the house on my own lately. Driving while this tired doesn't seem like a good idea if I can avoid it. I play as much as I can with him but my gosh it's hard. I moved some of his toys to the den where I can lie on the couch and he can play on the floor next to me. He's getting a lot more iPad time lately. :/ Hopefully this passes soon. I don't know how women do this with 2, 3 or more young kids at home!!!

It's definitely rough! I have a 2 yr old and an 8 month old that is still up half the night. My 2 yr old also no longer naps so I'm pretty much a zombie all of the time. Usually in 2nd trimester the extreme fatigue gets better and your get some energy back!

I have a 5 and 3 year old and the first trimester was torture for me! They got more TV time than usual and some days I could get play dough out and they would play for a couple hours really well and I could at least lie down. Some days they were still too needy and it was rough. Don't feel badly letting them watch more TV or getting coloring books out or whatever to get some rest. You will get more energy later! It did pass though for the second trimester. I am more tired again but not nearly like first trimester and part of it has been being sick the past 3-4 weeks

I have two toddlers right now, one that sleeps and is the perfect child, the other is more needy because he's younger. I've been feeling pretty tired lately myself so I let my two watch tv, as the previous poster said, while I rest on the couch. DH is good at helping with the house chores because I'm an absolute zombie in the mornings until about 2-3 PM when my "morning" sickness finally calms down. This was actually a worry I had when I was pregnant with DS because DD wasn't getting as much attention from me and she was a very needy 4 month old when I found out I was expecting him. To make it worse I was sick with him until I was 15 weeks. My DD and I are actually closer now because I made up for it as soon as I felt better.

I have a 22 month old and an older child. Some days it's rough, though DH is very helpful (he's always helpful but the last few weeks he's ramped it up slightly... doing even more cooking and helping with more of the cleaning). We're also guilty of using TV/DVDs a bit more than usual, though that doesn't work well for the younger one (but luckily he still naps)!

I find sometimes going outdoors with the kids works to get my energy levels up, but you have to at least have a "base level" of energy to do that, lol. Sometimes I'll put the little one in his playpen and the older one can chill with a book/lego and I'll try to lie down and close my eyes for 5-10 mins. Sometimes it helps a little bit!

Good luck, it should get easier in the coming weeks.

My LO is 16 m and still doesn't sleep through. Oh is great though at helping with the housework but I've a full time job so can't nap and LO will only let me put her to bed.

She doesn't even really watch tv and is at the climbing stage but can play by herself well which helps. I just feel bad I'm not playing with her.

I've been going to bed at 9pm at the latest. The ironing pile is getting scary but I just can't face it.

I've been sitting here since 2:45am (3:45 now) because of my 5 year old waking up for the 5th night in a row with a wet bed. I have a 5 and 3 year old and found the first few weeks especially hard. I'm starting to feel a bit more human now, but my son especially requires a lot of activities and he's very high energy. It's the summer school holidays right now in New Zealand, so he's at home till the 2nd of Feb. I'm dreading the walking to school and back, it's about 10km/6.2 miles of walking for me a day, on top of doing everything else in the house and looking after Sophie until I feel she's ready for preschool. I'm used to doing a lot of walking but it becomes physically harder with a baby weighing you down, pushing one kid in a stroller and dragging the other one along.

We did a practice run of an average day plus me walking to his school and back again twice and I clocked 30,000 steps on my fitbit and felt about ready to DIE!

Neither of my kids sleep through and they share a room, so one always wakes the other. Sophie hasn't napped for over a year now.

*waves* I have a 7, 4, and 2 year old. I get up each morning at 6am get all 3 kids dressed two for school drop my husband off at work before 7am drop my oldest at 8:20am then take my middle and drop him at 9am... Come home pick my middle up at noon then my oldest at 3:20 lastly my husband at 4:30. :thumbup: I am always tired! Factor in cleaning and cooking there! :sleep::dohh:

Pregnant with a 9mo 😴 lots of peppa pig and new Christmas toys.
I also put him in his high chair and feed him snacks a lot more often than I should do 😳

I have no advice, but I totally get how you are feeling!

My daughter is 2 and a half and a few days before I found out u was pregnant she decided to stop her daytime nap....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->