Pregnant with boy versus pregnant with girl?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity for 2nd time mothers and up... did you pregnancies differ based on gender?

With my daughters I was sicker than a dog, but with this one while I have bouts of nausea its no where near as bad and I am considering myself lucky (at the moment)....

how about you guys?

This is my 2nd pregnancy. And while I still have no clue of the baby's gender, this pregnancy is completely different than the one I had with my son!

I have a girl & boy both pregnancies were the same really no sickness with either!I am expecting another boy & again this pregnancy has been about the same as my previous two!

This is my 2nd pregnancy. And while I still have no clue of the baby's gender, this pregnancy is completely different than the one I had with my son!

How do the two differ so far? I'm working on theory lol. My theory is that MAYBE just MAYBE that women tend to respond differently to pregnancy dependent on what they are carrying.

So, if both my girls gave me such bad MS that I could barely eat and this one is more indigestion than anything, and extreme hunger (3 lbs already gained!) maybe this one is a boy??

Just passing time I suppose until the reveal.... lol

I have two and this will be my third and they all seem to be pretty similar. Only difference is I found out sooner with this baby. I was very tuned to my body and I knew sore boobies probably meant pregnancy again, and I was right.

I have a girl & boy both pregnancies were the same really no sickness with either!I am expecting another boy & again this pregnancy has been about the same as my previous two!

No sickness? Oh man, you lucky girl you!

I have two and this will be my third and they all seem to be pretty similar. Only difference is I found out sooner with this baby. I was very tuned to my body and I knew sore boobies probably meant pregnancy again, and I was right.

Did you have MS with the other 2? What do you have ?

Differences

With my son:
minimal nausea (easily managed with zofran); greasy hair at the beginning but cleared up and then I had fabulous skin and hair; craved peanut butter, milk, and chocolate (but no food aversions); only sensitive to smells for about a week; intense fatigue

With this one:
intense nausea (I have to take a lot of things and do a lot to keep it down); greasy hair and my face is broken out still; craving chips and salsa, jalapeno peppers, and milk (I cannot stand pickles right now--they make my stomach turn); my sense of smell is extremely strong and has been for weeks! I have wondered if gender has anything to do with it. I have already had an early u/s and I know there is only 1 baby in there.

I am wondering the same, I feel just like I did with DD so far just a bit of nausea, feeling dizzy now & then and just a full feeling.

Also think this ones a girl ...we'll see

I have a girl and a boy. The pregnancies were pretty similar, but with my son I was more fatigued for longer; however I was running around after my DD and also still breastfeeding her so I believe that made a difference. With her I craved dairy food like ice cream, wheras with him I craved fruit, especially tinned oranges! My sense of smell was more sensitive with my son. With both, I felt very tired and ill with mild nausea. So far this one is similar too but I have more food aversions and the fatigue seems to come and go a lot more, some of the time I feel OK and then the net minute I feel like I'm dying!

I have one of each and I really think for me there was gender related differences!

With my daughter, I couldn't stomach food especially anything sweet until 24 weeks, and very randomly my leg hair grew really fast!

With my son, I ate anything and everything all the time, no where near as tired in first trimester, and never needed to shave my legs either!!

So far with No 3 its most like pregnancy with my daughter - way to early to tell sex yet........but this time I also feel amazingly sick most of the time - why i couldn't have had this sickness with baby 1, when I had no kids and could feel sorry for myself all day I don't know!

x

This will be my 3rd. my first 2 were boys and my pregnancies were the same. This one I didnt get a positive test till 8 days after af was due as was still very faint where as with my boys I got good positives the day before it was due and this time ive noticed a little bit of nausea but had nothing with either of my boys. Maybe I'm finally getting a girl? Guess we'll find out in about 33 weeks or so.

My pregnancies with my boy and girl were exactly the same symptom wise.

This is my second pregnancy and since I'm only 8 weeks there's no telling what I'm having, though I am convinced it's a girl. Don't ask my why, I just have a feeling and I had that with my first as well (turned out to be correct!). This pregnancy is totally different from the last. Don't know if that has anything to do with gender or my body just going "oh god here we go again", but we'll see! :D

With my dd I was sick every morning and don't remember feeling nausea just spewing every day. Only couldn't stand chilli or tomato based sauces

With my ds I had extreme nausea and extreme fatigue and felt hangover for the full pregnancy! Also had lots of food aversions especially to chocolate! It gave me the bolk!

This time I feel same as my ds preganancy but it's not as intense. But having nausea,fatigue and nearly every food makes me feel ill looking at it I am finding it difficult to find something I can stomach!

I will find out gender at 20 week scan around november

I have two boys and three girls. Although I had all the symptoms with all pregnancies, I was far sicker and more fatigued with my girls than my boys.
I still have all the symptoms this time, but so far it's totally the easiest pregnancy I've had so far.
Therefore I'm guessing another boy...

I have one boy and a girl now, and currently pregnant with #3. With my first (BOY)- I really didn't have any problems! I felt fine, was strong, healthy, and didn't have a problem until the last couple of months when I suddenly swelled with edema. With my second (GIRL) Good God did I suffer in every way imaginable. Morning sickness- SEVERE heartburn that killed me from the beginning until the very end. I woke up one morning and suddenly couldn't walk- I was in excruciating pain and had to go pee so badly and it took me half an hour to get to the bathroom. I went to the doctor later that day and she shook her head and said "pregnancies are typically hard on any mother, but you my dear, are truly suffering." It turned out the muscles had somehow detached from the pubic bone. I can't describe the pain. So when it came time to deliver after all this- I had both back labor- no epidural- and this muscle detachment- I was delivering on my side and screaming. It was horrible. So far this pregnancy I have been okay except some nausea and hot flushes all the time. I sweat non-stop it seems...I'm thinking it may be another boy.

I feel a lot worse with this pregnancy and it's a girl, prolonged morning sickness, spots and greasy t zone, dry cheeks.
Hairs on my body are not as dark and growing slower with the girl compared to boy.
Bump is already a completely different shape. I was all out front with ds, I've spread across my hips and love handles with this girly but I've only put on 4/5lb so far.
I had linea niagra all the way up my belly with ds, nothing has appeared so far.
Xx

With my son, my pregnancy was so easy. No nausea, minimal tiredness... With this one, I have hyperemesis gravidarum, and it is so hard. I wonder what gender this baby is...

this is my 2nd pregnancy and like others, seems pretty similar so far to the first.

I dont know what i am having yet and can't wait to find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->