Pregnant with boy versus pregnant with girl?

Really interesting thread :D

I'm pregnant with my 2nd. Don't know the gender yet but both pregnancies have been mostly similar but also a little different.

Morning sickness with both has been mild. Some nausea w/ lots of gagging. With my first though (DD), it happened randomly. This time seems to be a little worse and smells, doing certain physical actions, etc sets it off. Like cig smoke now causes me to gag almost uncontrollably.
Mild breast tenderness with both, this time seems a little worse though.
Fatigued, but I think that's mostly b/c I have a toddler I'm chasing around.
I had meat aversion (especially chicken) w/ DD, this time, not at all.
Hungrier this time around.

I know with my SiL, when she was pregnant with both of her girls, she had bad morning sickness. When pregnant with her boy though, she had absolutely none.
But on the same note... my MiL always tells me how she had no morning sickness with any of her 3 kids (2 girls, 1 boy).

Rhio I predict you a girl, sorry you're suffering from HG!

Xx

I'm on my first, but my SIL and her sister would tell you that girls = nausea and lots of symptoms, and boys = easy pregnancies. It's really interesting to see how many others have had the same experience! If it's true, I guess I'm leaning boy, even though my instinct leans more girl.

My first pregnancy was horrendous, I had awful sickness all the way through, so much so I even made a (small) tear in my oesophagus (no idea how to spell that!). With this pregnancy I've been sick once, I've had waves of nausea but nothing compared to my son, I'm more tired but that's probably due to the fact I'm working and looking after my son. Overall though I feel far better in this pregnancy than my 1st. I'm not convinced that means baby is a girl though, we'll have to wait and see!

Everyone keeps saying it's a girl but my mum had 2 pregnancies that were the complete opposite, with my sister she felt great, no sickness, nothing. With me she was sick, tired and just felt awful the whole way through. Me and my sister are definitely both girls so I don't think gender played a part then!

I do wonder if some peoples bodies just react differently to the different chemicals that may be released depending on whether you have a boy or a girl. Definitely an interesting topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->