Pregnant with IUD still in.

MeganMA

Reaction score
I could really use some advice,

I took 3 home tests this weekend, all BFPs. Doctor today confirmed it with urine test, did an ultrasound, saw the IUD still in place but no embryo/sac...nothing! Doc is worried about a tubal pregnancy, is running blood work to look at hGC levels, will know more tomorrow.

My husband and I are so excited, (even though it was a surprise) we called all our family and started telling everyone. We are both 26 and I got the IUD last year to put off pregnancy for a few more years until after grad school. When we saw the BFP, we were elated!!

The ultrasound tech said it might just be too early to see anything, and that's what I'm clinging onto for hope. Although my doctor told me my options already for treating a tubal pregnancy and to prepare for that as well and to go to the ER immediately if I have any sharp pains.

If it is a tubal pregnancy, can I demand surgery? My doctor said they mostly just give a Methotrexate shot to dissolve it, but I DO NOT want to do that at all, the side effects for that shot can cause all sorts of horrible things, including lymphoma.

Also, I am anywhere from 3-7 weeks along, but we won't know exactly how far until hCG bloodwork comes in.

Hey hun,

I also got pregnant with the copper iud in. I found out when I was 4.weeks pregnant, had a scan but it was too early to see anything as I was only 4.5 weeks.

They told me at Epau that they don't usually remove the iud if it's still in place as removing it oils also remove the pregnancy, they leave it in situ and 9 times out of 10 it gets taken over by the placenta.

It turns out that my iud had expelled and was sitting in my cervix but they don't know if the pregnancy pushed it out or if it had fell out previously. However they did say it's unusual for them to expel once you've had them in over a year and I'd had mine in for 2.

Unfortunately my pregnancy ended in a mmc. They don't think it had anything to do with the iud though. Just coincidence.

I hope everything works out for you.

A friend of mine got pregnant with hers in. They did keep it in and she had a normal pregnancy. The IUD was found in the placenta after the birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->