Pregnant with no2 - differences in sickness?

LPF

Reaction score
Just holding out for some hope here!!!

Last time with ds I was absolutely fine until 6weeks 1day where MS hit me with a sledgehammer. I was signed off work for 2.5 weeks and barely moved / ate / spoke and all I could have was ice cubes. After that period I had a further 10 weeks of barely manageable symptoms but I could go to work etc.

I'm scared stiff of this happening again. I couldn't function at all and cried as it was so tough and I don't want to do that to my 2.5year old :cry:

This time though, before I even had a positive test, I was feeling a bit sicky. Now I wake up a bit sicky and stay that way till lunch, it's totally manageable and gets better with eating.

I'm SO SO anxious that its going to hit me with a sledgehammer again though.

So, my question, those with 2 or more pregnancies, can the sickness differ positively? Or if you have had bad Ms do you normally get it again??

Thanks in advance!

Hi Hun,
Unfortunately for me, I suffered hyperemesis the first time, and I am suffering again. This time round, like you, I just felt nauseous until 6 weeks but controlled it if I ate. Now however, I'm the same. In and out of hospital on drips, feeling low and lethargic and need time off work to come round a bit. I'm now taking anti emetics to control the sickness, but this is the third time of changing the meds. Hope u feel better soon hun xxx

Stalking!

I've been wondering this too! I got my BFP yesterday (yay!) and with my first I was extremely nauseous until almost week 25 :( ~(I lost 10lbs in the first trimester). And after that I was still nauseous in the mornings and whenever I got really hungry. Pregnancy was the MOST uncomfortable 9 months of my life.

So even before we started TTC I was dreading the MS. I've heard from lots of people that two pregnancies can be completely different, but so far I don't know anyone IRL who has had different symptoms. I'm dreading the next couple of weeks!

With My DD I had no morning sickness at all, I used to get dodgy tummy first thing bit as soon as I ate I was fine. With this pregnancy from about 5 weeks I felt so sick all the time, went off all food unless it was cereal/soup or take away! Never actually was sick but wished I could be just to feel better!

Never actually was sick but wished I could be just to feel better!

haha, that's a misconception! When I had MS with #1, I was sick 5 - 10 times a day. And never ever felt better afterwards (usually worse, because then I would get extremely hungry!)

Dreading ms.... :nope:

I had really bad sickness with my dd.

However with this baby I have hyperemesis so I am far far worse, been admitted to hospital twice losing lots of weight and been very very poorly and I'm really dehydrated all the time.

I think each pregnancy is different, not necessarily for the worse, you may be much better this time. Fingers crossed you are xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->