pregnant with pets?

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
anybody else noticed theyre pet being more attentive/attention seeking,

my puppy aisha is forever cuddling into me and lying in my lap but only the last few weeks, can she sense flump?

squishy hugs

:happydance:

Oh yes, i have 9 cats..the mommy of the young cats has been around me so friendly lately since i found out im pregnant...i looked after her when she was having kittens, and now it seems she is looking after me... bless ...

Ive noticed that my 2 usually bouncy dogs have been really gentle around me lately.
I was wondering the same, as they do say animals can sense things. Also when we visited OH parents their dog that usually leaps at me didnt.

I wish my fur baby was she still cant be bothered :hissy: i just want puppy snuffles :cry:

My Boxer is more carefull with me now..She used to climb on me for hugs etc,But now she sits next to me and rests her head on my lap :), but my Staffy pup is no different with me! She is still young though bless her x

My pup tries to be gentle I think. He sleeps on my lap more often and cuddles up at night. He's a clumsy big oaf though so still jumps on me from time to time. Was worried he was causing damage but I've calmed down the last few days :)

My daschund Peanut is very attentive and like a small brown shadow. For my first pregnancy before the m/c, he used to lay with his ear on my bump like he could hear the heartbeat. He is now starting to do the exact same thing. He's become possessive and guarded which is cute, in an irritating sort of way. (The barking has got to stop!)

My puppy has been especially cuddly lately too! He is very clumsy though and still jumps up occasionally but he just sits next to me on the couch and puts his head in my lap while I am on the computer...its so funny! :rofl:

thought i was imagining it, but thatnks to these responses i know im not,

my friends dog barks at me then sits between my legs and doesnt move unless i do

My Dog has always been a bit slingy but just recently hubby has noticed he's being very gentle with me. Last night we were playing and dog will normally launch his front paws at you and hit you in the leg....ful body slam. He was still doing it to hubby but with me he would walk up and just gently place his paws on my leg. He's always cuddled up but is doing it a lot more recently....such a mummy's boy!! :rofl:

My cat is still nursing her kitten at the moment but everytime I come near her now shes very attentive towards me which is lovely!

My lab is more gentle with me too but also I went to my Sister in Law's house yesterday and my 5 year old nephew who has never given me a cuddle without bribing before was all over me..... I mean I was gob smacked.... he was laying on my knee with his arms round my waist while I stroked his hair. Amazed :D

I was squashed on the sofa with 2 lurchers and 3 cats the other day.

They are slightly driving me mad.

My huge bad tempered is now called stalker kitty he just follows me around and sits on me but he is huge and grumpy. He often bites when you try to move him too!

My cat now lives with my mum so not sure how she is changed with me. But went to a friends house the other day and he has 3 dogs and 2 cats. Both the labs were sitting guarding me. And the normally totally unsocial younger cat came and led across the top of the sofa behind me and purred when I was stroking her.

My OH's parents have two jack russel cross dogs, one of them, Max, can tell if someone is pregnant before we know! My sister in law told me that max never sat with her at all, and about a week before they found out she was pregant max sat behind her on the chair for ages. Then about 6 weeks ago the same happened to me, max never sits with me, but he came and sat on the chair behind me and cuddle me for ages, 2 weeks later we found out i was pregnant. He hasn't sat with me or my sister in law since tho! xx

My dog has been incredibly annoying these past few days - Barking at me constantly, whining, always looking my attention. I've only realised tonight that it could be that he senses something is up. I just assumed that when this happened he'd be lovely and gentle. But I'm ready to kill him!!

He just stands in front of me, looking up at me and barking and barking. My hormones and moods aren't great at the minute anyway, and this isn't helping!!

Over Easter weekend DH and I went to visit FIL and his new wife. They live on a farm with 7 dogs (6 are working dogs) and a cat. The dogs are usually happy to see us but this time they wouldn't leave me alone. It got quite frustrating! Similarly, the cat is normally a loner, she won't let me touch her, but this time she let me stroke her and I was even allowed to pick her up! At the time I didn't know I was pregnant and put it down to the animals getting to know me better, but I don't think that was the only reason. My cats are much snugglier now too and even my turtles have been paying me more attention. I think they might be able to smell the hormones.

I don't know but my Chihuahau is always jumping on to my bump like full speed... i want to kill him!

I went to my friend's house a couple of weekends ago (well before I knew I was pg - prob only a couple of days post ov) and there were lots of us there and the cat kept coming to sit on me rather than anyone else. She also didn't claw me like she the other people she sat on....

Didn't think much of it at the time but reading this maybe there was a reason for it after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->