Pregnant with Twins

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Seems to be a few of us at the moment who are pregnant with twins, it could be really great to be in a group together and share in this journey together.

Im Jo, Im 27, this is my third pregnancy, 1st resulted in my now 16 month old and my second i MC at 11 weeks. So all being well I will have 3 under 2 years.

I have so many worries and concerns, Im worried about losing these babies, Im worried about the possiblity of a c section, im worried how we will cope. But overall I am soooooooooooooooo happy!:happydance: I cant beleive i have been this lucky and Im so looking forward to my family expanding. :happydance:

Anyone want to chat?

come on ladies, there seem to be loads of people announcing everyday its twins lol, where are you all? lol!

hiya - think we mainly hang out on the twins forum haha :) x

lol! yeah i noticed that, its really lovely there and everyone has answered my questions but because im still early i dont really belong there yet, does that make sense? Esp having had a MC a few months back. Thanks though, see you there :D

hey don't feel you don't belong - we all go thru that feeling! kind of can't believe it either - also look at most of us we've also had the m/c and then huge worries re disappearing twin etc ........ nothing you can do, time will tell, but the ladies will give all advice and support you need - they have so far with me xxx

congrats hun

Wish I was aving twins lol

I am also very nervous about something happening but I am trying to remain positive and I keep picturing myself holding 2 infant babies while my 6 year old sits next to me in awe and DH taking it all in!!!
It's only natural for us to be petrified after a loss. We can support each other!!!

hey don't feel you don't belong - we all go thru that feeling! kind of can't believe it either - also look at most of us we've also had the m/c and then huge worries re disappearing twin etc ........ nothing you can do, time will tell, but the ladies will give all advice and support you need - they have so far with me xxx

Thanks hun, its such a scary time, i guess the whole time is, motherhood is isnt it? lol! In one way i wish i hadnt had an early scan and know so early, but i know i couldnt have coped without it as i had spotting!

Thanks hun x

I am also very nervous about something happening but I am trying to remain positive and I keep picturing myself holding 2 infant babies while my 6 year old sits next to me in awe and DH taking it all in!!!
It's only natural for us to be petrified after a loss. We can support each other!!!

I know, I am really excitied, everytime i think about two, i get so excitied, we talk about the "twins" all the time, i even took a sneaky look at the twin prams yesterday hehe. But mostly i just keep panicing, i see MW for first time thursday and if i dont get an extra scan ill be paying for one around 10 weeks and hopfully then get my "proper" one at 12 weeks, which will cover both sides of my MC.

Once i get to 14 weeks ill start breathing again i think lol! but thats forever away lol!

Hi!! My name is Pamela. I have a 13 year old son and an 8 year old daughter.

I was shocked to find out I'm going to have twins. I'm excited and scared. It's weird.

The morning sickness was bad for awhile, but it seems to have just disappeared. It makes me a little nervous, but I'm trying not to over think things.

How are you feeling??

Hey ladies!
Im not expecting twins! But if its any reassurance to you all I have a friend who has had her twins recently!

She had a difficult pregnancy with lots of operations and hospital trips because of complications, resulting in her twin boys being delivered by Emergency C section last month, at 28 weeks. Both weighed around 2lbs each!! They went straight on to life support and had to have constant attention. She got her first cuddles with them when they were around 2 weeks old.
Now they are a month old, both very healthy and happy and nearly big enough to go home! There is so much hope with babies its crazy what hospitals can actually do!

hope your pregnancies and your twins are healthy :) Good Luck :flower:

I was shocked to find out I'm going to have twins. I'm excited and scared. It's weird.

The morning sickness was bad for awhile, but it seems to have just disappeared. It makes me a little nervous, but I'm trying not to over think things.

How are you feeling??

My MS was really bad for awhile but now comes in waves, ill be bad for awhile and then it gets better, today i feel really good and im worried. lol!

How are you feeling??

My MS was really bad for awhile but now comes in waves, ill be bad for awhile and then it gets better, today i feel really good and im worried. lol!

Lol!! I know exactly what you mean. You would think we would be thankful to have a break from the sickness, but noooooooo, we worry!! Ah, the joys of motherhood.

totally, i worry about every little ache and just everything.

Last pregnancy i worried as with my son i bled a lot, lol, where as i didnt at all and still lost it.

There isnt anything that could really comfort me, pregnancy is riskly and twins and even more so. but everyday we are closer to having our healthy happy babies and that is what i really need to remember.

Having twins is scarey to start with but now we just can't wait. We've gone thru a lot of bleeding and lots of scans at the hospital and are monitored carefully :) Now we just can't to meet our little ones :)

Me too ! I am lisa 27 and have a 8 year old daughter and expecting twins (ivf) !!! Due date is 15th but told today at booking in will probs be 36 weeks ....I so made up but so worried too as had a mmc is jan 2010 also ivf which was horrible .....but trying to keep positive and thing of all the two things we will all soon be seeing. Had my bookinh in appointment today and was told won't be scanned till 14 weeks which I really disapointed about any one else heard of waiting so long ? X

I know, I am really excitied, everytime i think about two, i get so excitied, we talk about the "twins" all the time, i even took a sneaky look at the twin prams yesterday hehe. But mostly i just keep panicing, i see MW for first time thursday and if i dont get an extra scan ill be paying for one around 10 weeks and hopfully then get my "proper" one at 12 weeks, which will cover both sides of my MC.

Once i get to 14 weeks ill start breathing again i think lol! but thats forever away lol!

I just feel like paying for a private scan now too but DH would kill me! I am supposed to get a scan between 9-12 weeks, which should be anytime now. I have a doppler so as long as I can hear heartbeats, I should be ok. I am waiting for my order of ultrasound gel to get here today so I can doppler away!

i used my dopplar yesterday, silly i know, we did hear a heratbeat though :D could only hear one but think thats quite normal.

My MW said i should have a letter for my hospital appt and scan date by the time im back on wednesday (away for weekend). i hope so, can book the private scan then. :D To be honest im so frustrated with the NHS we have paid for loads of things privately lately, from dental care, to hospital consultantions, if i could afford it i would just pay for all my care as its so much better. So im quite excitied about having a priavte scan, we will see though, if i start spotting ill go to EPU again.

LittleMo - how many weeks are you? I take it you had an early scan too?

I'm 9 Weeks 1 day ! Yeah my scan was at 6 weeks 6 days and on my profile pic cant get it up as my avatar pic,

It was amazing finding out it was twins we did IVF and i just knew it was twins i tested 5 days early and got my a BFP , Had two cold sores ( i got coldsore last time i was preg too only ever time had them), tested 3 weeks + on digi early but just to see it was amazing,

I am really p'ed off at NHS too my booking in appointment was horrible i was so disappointed she told me that they don't have money and time to offer people a scan at 12 weeks and 20 weeks so trying to cut it to just one 14 week scan ! i was so upset she said we won't be scanned till 14 weeks especially after what happened last year and knowing its twins i fort early care would have been abit more, she said that once u hot 20 weeks you get scanned every two weeks but what till then !

i booked a private scan for tomorrow to put my mind at rest and changing hospitals too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->