Pregnant with unplanned baby and TERRIFIED!

HannahMae

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm 21 years old and have just discovered I am pregnant. I've been on Nexplanon for two weeks and before that we were using condoms, so this was very much unplanned. :dohh:

Part of me is so excited and happy, but another part of me is utterly terrified! I've been with my fiancé for 14 months and we're planning on moving in together soon. He's been wonderfully supportive, as have his family. I haven't even told my parents yet as I'm terrified of their reaction. I know they'd ultimately be supportive but I'm sure they'll be shocked and disappointed too....

I'm currently in my first year of university too, which adds a whole new level of complication! I'm planning on finishing my first year but then taking a year off and returning next year after baby is born.

I'm happy but also so, so scared! This will be my first child and I've never even been around babies or children (I'm the youngest in my family).

Argh, this is all so scary and exciting and wonderful and horrifying... :haha:

Congratulations!
I've just found out I'm pregnant, completely unplanned too...
Although very different situation, I'm older (30), married and already have two children
But, I understand the crazy mix of overwhelming emotions you're feeling right now!!!
I'm studying too and gonna have to take a maternity break from that as well. I'm sure it'll all work out though.... good luck with telling your parents (even I'm nervous about telling my parents :/ hahaha)

Congratulations!
I’m sure all will work out great :hugs:

I think everyone has those feelings from time to time regardless of their situation. When I was about 13 weeks pg with DS it suddenly dawned on me I was going to have a baby! We tried for so long and had 2 losses on the way so its not like we weren't preparing for it. But I still felt scared and petrified about it. I think its a sign that you will be a great mum.

Normal emotions to have! Sometimes I envy women who had their babies young, then they get to kick back and have fun again before they are too old! haha :haha: Just kidding, but I do believe everything happens for a reason! I hope your parents are supportive once they get over the shock! Congrats! <3

I just found out as well....JUST found out with a faint BFP. I'm older (32) and already have 2 but thinking about having a third has me very nervous!

I did have my first when I was 22 and I can tell you, things have a way of working out :)

I had my eldest when I was 21 and it was the best thing ever. He's now 8 and I'm almost 30 and I love being a young mum to him. I think secretly he likes it too when he talks about how old all his friends mum's are. X

Congratulations! :) Things will of course be terrifying but will work out. :) I had mine at 17 and 19, I had no clue at all about babies etc. I agree with glong, I love being a young parent!

Massive congrats! Those emotions are completely normal. I felt the same way when we found out we were unexpectedly expecting this baby... and it is my fifth! The hardest part for me was telling everyone. I'm sure everything will work out well in the end :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->