Prelabour suspected yeaterday @ 34+4

OrkneyGirl

Reaction score
Well thinking after all my problems at 24 weeks had subsided and I could now relax and enjoy the last of the pregnancy yesterday threw up a new challenge for me and only being 34+4. Woke after a nice nap Saturday eve to feel just a bit unwell and cold and sick, BH were happening nothing unusual until I started having odd period like cramps with them, unusual from what I usually have. Also earlier that day I had 4 lots of (TMI) loose bowels and excess amount of clear discharge. I sat on my ball to ease them but they appeared to keep coming.....I ended up retiring to bed awaiting what the night would bring. Slept little overnight due to sore hips and baby being rather much more active than usual also.

Yesterday I get up feeling fine, do my usual housework/laundry/dishes etc then sit down. Start feeling the usual BH start after midday and then they just appear to keep coming with the period type cramps along with them and the odd (vajayjay lightening) stabs in my lady parts haha. so I call the maternity as now I'm beginning to wonder if these are just BH as there different. I go in and monitored for ten min and it appears that these BH are coming according to my notes every 3;10 min lasting 30-40 seconds and some stronger than others. Left to count how many I have over 35 min as the ward was busy and I had 7 heightening's over the 35 min period. Codeine was then given that seem to relax me and make me feel sleepy then I was given a Fetal fibronectin test that came back negative so almost no likelihood of going into labour in the next 14 days at least also had a VE says on notes cervix central and measuring 1cm long (this to me seems very short as was measured at 4cm 23/7) so has shortened in length but is closed.

I have been sent home with codeine to take today and to monitor tightening's and if they become regular or painful again to go back in. Im just not sure what to expect now ......

It's not been smooth sailing and continues to be problematic lol.

I don't know. I've had this kind of thing in both pregnancies and never went into labour. For others it can be a sign of things happening, but based on my personal experience, regular bh, period-type pains, loose bowles have never meant anything for me. I got all that quite early on with my first pregnancy and went to 42+2 so I don't really pay much attention to it this time around.

Thank you, that's such a relief to hear. I'm getting the tightening's today still but took codeine that i'd been given. Off out for lunch and shopping then home to relax and maybe a nap and see how it goes

:hugs:. I had similar with my DD, at 36 weeks I started getting contractions along with the normal BH's and when I got checked they were registering high on the monitor and I dilated to 3cm (I don' know what my cervix length was though, I don't think it was checked). From then on I had contractions each evening and a few times I worried labour was starting but my DD didn't come until 41 weeks :). It seems to be fairly common with 2nd+ babies, so hopefully your LO will stay put for a few weeks more, and hopefully the contractions ease off- they are a pain in the butt!

I'm dealing with a similar situation. Painful menstrual cramp feeling contractions that are coming regularly. My FFN came back positive but I am still long and closed so I am allowed to stay home. I'm 33 weeks with twins so hoping I can wait this out with regular checkups. In the meantime I've put myself on "house arrest" with no cleaning or cooking that lasts over 5 minutes. These are my first babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->