Prem baby clothes?

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knew anywhere that sold under 2lb clothes. if my baby is born, dead or alive id like to have something for him to wear. pointless i know but its little comfort. mothercare only do up to 3lbs which is wishful thinking!

https://www.babyprem.com/ these start at small sizes, not sure if that helps xx

Found a few for you https://cheekychumsonline.co.uk/category_64/-Baby-Clothes-0-3lb-1.3kg.htm https://earlybirdsbabywear.co.uk/
You may find some on ebay as well hun in shops on there xxx

vertbaudet do prem clothes, but i'm not sure how little they go xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: please try to stay positive honey....I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and your baby[-o<

My DD was not prem but was small we used early bird. the quality is wonderfull and the fabric is beautifully soft

WHEN you get too 24 weeks im gunna get theses
https://store.babyprem.com/auto/detailview.php?id1=342037&id2=1883335&id3=YES&id4=babyprem.com
defo this if its a girl
https://store.babyprem.com/auto/detailview.php?id1=2135371469&id2=1912711&id3=YES&id4=babyprem.com
this is pretty cute
https://www.avababys.com/servlet/the-574/Preemie-dsh-Yums-Micro-Preemie-NICU/Detail
https://www.avababys.com/servlet/the-592/Preemie-dsh-Yums-Micro-Preemie-Gown/Detail

I like the dottie ones and the last flowery one :D

I just dont know WHEN to buy some clothes. Obviously we've got the outfits 'just in case' but when to get actual clothes with the outlook that baby is gonna be fine?

i dunno id say when its born wait a few days see what the hospital say?

When the baby is first born, he will go into an incubator and will only wear a nappy sweetie. They generally wait a few weeks to get babies weight up etc to see how he is holding his own body temperature. They also have wires in quite a few places and canulas in, so it makes it tricky to dress them. :dohh: Its fun trying to change a nappy wih your arms through the incubator holes-but you soon pick it up!! :hugs:

Brooke had a few little vests in scbu and wore them when she was around 3 weeks old. . .they had velcro on the sides and they were soooooooo helpful as it meant the wires could stay on whilst she was dressed! :cloud9: Think Mothercare sold them? they were huge on her too as she was only 2lb but it was something.

To give you a rough idea of what to expect, Brooke had a tube into her umbilicol cord (not sure what for!!), a breathing monitor on her tummy (like a plaster attached to a monitor that alarmed if she didnt breathe for 20secs-most babies had them), she had a saturations monitor which alternated between her wrist and her foot (a plastic clasp with an infrared light through the skin-doesnt hurt at all), a canula in each hand and a tube for feeding in her nose. she also was on CPAP for a while, like a breathing implement which they put over their faces with prongs up their nose-sometimes she didnt like it but it definatly helped her.

Generally, they put tubes in all babies noses so they can give medicines, vitamins and feeds and things easily. Babies need to rest soooo much in scbu as they grow when they are staying still-you should be able to hold him though when he has calmed down after the birth, I held Brooke for the first time when she was 48 hours old, although I realise totally different circumstances.

Im really thinking of you chick, it must be such a difficult time for you all. :hugs:

HTH xx

When the baby is first born, he will go into an incubator and will only wear a nappy sweetie. They generally wait a few weeks to get babies weight up etc to see how he is holding his own body temperature. They also have wires in quite a few places and canulas in, so it makes it tricky to dress them. :dohh: Its fun trying to change a nappy wih your arms through the incubator holes-but you soon pick it up!! :hugs:

Brooke had a few little vests in scbu and wore them when she was around 3 weeks old. . .they had velcro on the sides and they were soooooooo helpful as it meant the wires could stay on whilst she was dressed! :cloud9: Think Mothercare sold them? they were huge on her too as she was only 2lb but it was something.

To give you a rough idea of what to expect, Brooke had a tube into her umbilicol cord (not sure what for!!), a breathing monitor on her tummy (like a plaster attached to a monitor that alarmed if she didnt breathe for 20secs-most babies had them), she had a saturations monitor which alternated between her wrist and her foot (a plastic clasp with an infrared light through the skin-doesnt hurt at all), a canula in each hand and a tube for feeding in her nose. she also was on CPAP for a while, like a breathing implement which they put over their faces with prongs up their nose-sometimes she didnt like it but it definatly helped her.

Generally, they put tubes in all babies noses so they can give medicines, vitamins and feeds and things easily. Babies need to rest soooo much in scbu as they grow when they are staying still-you should be able to hold him though when he has calmed down after the birth, I held Brooke for the first time when she was 48 hours old, although I realise totally different circumstances.

Im really thinking of you chick, it must be such a difficult time for you all. :hugs:

HTH xx

How far were you when you had brooke? Thank you for your advice:hugs:

HTH xx

How far were you when you had brooke? Thank you for your advice:hugs:

I was 32 weeks but they think she stopped growing at around 26 weeks. :dohh: the monkeybum obviously couldnt wait to get out of my tum!

If I can help at all, please please just ask-if it helps, so be it.
Hope you're feeling ok

xx

I just dont know what to be ready for. Ultimately its to early for anything yet. But i can't give up on him!

Do they encourage you to express breast milk or not? xx

obv i dont have any experience, but i think they encourage you to express hun cos your colostrum and BM has all the nutrients and stuff in. and they have milk banks aswel for scbu babies xx

I just dont know what to be ready for. Ultimately its to early for anything yet. But i can't give up on him!

Do they encourage you to express breast milk or not? xx

Never ever give up. never ever. as long as you are positive-there's hope. and everyone will do EVERYTHING in their power to help you. The hardest thing is trusting them with your precious bundle. :blush:

I as on a ventilator for a while after having Brooke-I was extremely poorly-and yet I STILL managed to breastfeed. She didnt have feeds until she was 3 days I think? but as soon as I could, I asked for a breastpump and expressed in bed.They just freeze it up for you-usually in a syringe-and then keep it until he needs it. They started off Brooke with 1ml of milk per hour and gradually built her up over a period of time. People will tell you that expressing is the hardest way to get your milk flow going-but dont let them bully you. If you perservere, it'll happen. promise. Baby wont need heaps of milk to start with so dont be put off if you get a ridiculously small amount.
If I were you, Id do 5 or 6 mins each side to start with as it really helped my milk flow. BUT-do what you're comfortable with, its up to you.

There is usually a milk pumping room in the scbu unit with hospital grade pumps. . .they are ATROCIOUS to use first of all (I found taking a deep breath as I turned it on helped!!:blush:) as they are EXTREMELY powerful, but they do the job. If you manage to back up your supply then it'll all come in handy. It'll all get used-trust me!!! :cloud9:

xx

I have some teeny clothes if you need them hun :D Hardly any wear at all (loads of little blue clothes ;) ) If lo comes early I'll rally round what I have, I should have little hats and things but honestly in early days a vest will be all you need if that :hugs:

:(

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-a...vie-zara-sivewright-updated-evies-weight.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->