prem nappies, what else?

xtashax26

Reaction score
ok so just in case i'm getting in a few things in case little callum does make an easrly arrivial as i know you have to supply a lot of your own things in hospital, but its been a while since i had a baby and not sure what i need to supply while his in hospital?
So far i have Prem nappies and cotten wool balls, and a few tiny vests, is there anything else i need to pack for him if he has to stay in if he comes early?

The hospital provided diapers & wipes when he was in the NICU. So the ones I bought I just kept at home for myself. Once he was able to be put into clothes the nurses told me to bring him some onesies and some socks.

NNICU provides everything for Abby, but we have bought her own little vests. I don't know what we will need when she is home as I don't know how big she will be.

We have bought some muslin cloths for her as the NNICU use them as blankets for them, and we have a fleecy blanket for when she comes out for cuddles.

One thing to consider if you are planning to breast feed, is a breast pump and sterilising equipment. If your wee one is to be in hopsital for a while you would need to express milk. Our hospital does provide them to borrow, but they had run out as the unit was full to bursting. The pump we bought is far more comfortable to use and our steriliser is a microwave one so is much easier to use. I had always intended to express milk for her so Mr Foo can feed her from time to time so it was a worthwhile purchase.

Probably not worth shelling out until you need to, but certainly have a look at which one you might buy, just in case. We did have to send Mr Foo on an emergency shopping trip when I was coming home.

thank you i forgot about the breast pump even though my milk normally drys up after about 2 weeks of expressing, it did with my DD and DS maybe this time will be different. with my hospital you have to supply nappies even while there in the nicu and the scbu well they did when i had my son nearly 6 years ago, i also forgot about a blanket, thanks

My son was 5 weeks early and spent just under 72hrs in NICU. I found that sleeping with a comforter or blanket for a few days before he was born helped, as i felt more of a bond with him as he recognised my smell. I also took in my own blanket to wrap him up in as soon as i could. Much better for him as when he came upto the ward, it wasnt a change of smell for him.

Thanks for posting this thread as I was wondering the same myself, as I was in hospital last weekend for threatened pre-term labor at 26wks, and I'm still at risk of it starting again.

I need to head out today to sort out my hospital bag in case baby decides to make an early arrival as I have nothing organised.

Thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->