premature baby born at 25 weeks

I have no stories, just read this thread for some reassurance since my twins are now at 25 weeks gestation. I had a waters leak at 22+3 and was so scared I would lose one or two of them but Im glad to hear all these stories. I can finally put worries out of my mind :flow:

www.
oscarsalter.
blogspot.
co.
uk

Hello there. I had Oscar on 30th April 2007; he was due 19th August, so he was 16 weeks early, 24+1. I/We wrote a blog for everyone to see, to avoid the phone calls in the evening so that we could relax. I helped so much because we were able to go over the days events which meant that we took in more and understood more and remembered more. It also helped us keep upbeat about the situation. Have a little read, you'll have to go back to the beginning as it starts with the latest post - which was over a year ago, we don't tend to do the blog anymore... I was told once that we should publish it - let me know what you think perhaps!

I wish you and your babies all the success that we had. Stumbles and trips along the way, every day is a mountain to climb for them, but stay positive; I'm sure this helped. And read to them every day, any story just so that they can hear your voice and touch them too; we couldn't hold Oscar for 5 weeks, we made up for it later though; he'd spend ages down my top keeping warm!

Hugs to you all and I'm here to answer questions or listen to what you have to say.

xxx

I have a 27 weeker born 2/13 at 1lb 10oz - we are on day 98 still in the NICU - he has Grade IV IVH on right side, confirmed PVL on right side, temperature control issues and we just had a g-tube inserted in hopes that he might be able to come home since he will not eat unassisted. I am glad to hear you made it home!

Hello all, I am at 25 weekks gestation tomorrow, just been reading all your stories which have given me hope. i have been having problems with my pregnancy, where i have been having continuous tightenings in my abdomen. My midwife said that I have very weak abdo muscles, therefore my body is fighting to keep baby in. I have been on bedrest since 17 weeks, I will be 25 weeks tomorrow, your stories have given me some reassurance and have made me feel that there is some light at the end of the tunnel if something was to happen. Hope you are all ok with your miracle Lo's

I know this is old but reassuring all the same. My 25 weeker, now 29 is getting pda surgery next week and also has CLD. This thread gave me some hope :)

My friends baby was 23+6 and lived although has had many surgerys. He is the happiest little boy youd ever meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->