Premature twins...

Hey
My experience isn't strictly relevant but thought I'd bump your post :)

I has Poppy at 34 + 2 (SROM) and she was in SCBU for two weeks during which time I expressed milk for her tube feeds.

I'm sure by 32 weeks your twins will be fine and hopefully won't have to stay in for too long. Hang in there and good luck :) xx

Thanks for your reply Bec, did you manage to breastfeed when she came off tube feeds?

Hi
Yes, I breastfed her while she was in SCBU, when she was alert enough and when she came home she continued to breastfeed and did till she was almost 17 months :happydance:

My baby was born at 34+6 and was in SCBU for 8 days.

Just wanted to say definitely be 'selfish' (although I don't think it is selfish!) about visitors. I was put to sleep for my c-section but OH, my Mum, MIL, FIL and my brother all saw Chloe before I did :cry: And it was before I even came around from the anesthetic so I did not even get a choice in the matter! If I have another experience in NICU I will definitely say NO visitors (except OH obviously!) It is so stressful and tiring being in NICU without having to entertain visitors too. And they always outstay their welcome and do not take the hints to leave.

Good luck for Friday. Your little girls sound like fighters.

x

Just wanted to say definitely be 'selfish' (although I don't think it is selfish!) about visitors. I was put to sleep for my c-section but OH, my Mum, MIL, FIL and my brother all saw Chloe before I did :cry: And it was before I even came around from the anesthetic so I did not even get a choice in the matter! If I have another experience in NICU I will definitely say NO visitors (except OH obviously!) It is so stressful and tiring being in NICU without having to entertain visitors too. And they always outstay their welcome and do not take the hints to leave.

x

I was asleep for mine too..

x

Oh that must've been upsetting for you, I know its important to me and I would be upset (but I seem to just cry at everything at the moment!). I'm going to try and limit the visitors as much as I can I think, people will just have to understand.

The consultant has said he is literally checking with NICU every day now and if they have 2 incubators free we're going for it! He said they were full this morning, but he is on labour suite this afternoon so he will check later - so I am feeling a bit on edge! I'm just worried OH will have enough time to get her it'll take him about 2 hours by the time he drives home from work to get car and drive here! But they can't make me go in without him if its planned can they? (obviously if its an emergency we'll just do whatever we have to)

x

Oh that must've been upsetting for you, I know its important to me and I would be upset (but I seem to just cry at everything at the moment!). I'm going to try and limit the visitors as much as I can I think, people will just have to understand.

The consultant has said he is literally checking with NICU every day now and if they have 2 incubators free we're going for it! He said they were full this morning, but he is on labour suite this afternoon so he will check later - so I am feeling a bit on edge! I'm just worried OH will have enough time to get her it'll take him about 2 hours by the time he drives home from work to get car and drive here! But they can't make me go in without him if its planned can they? (obviously if its an emergency we'll just do whatever we have to)

Hun you dont understand how quick nnu spaces are taken. If another baby comes in who is prem they will give them that spot and you will have to wait all over again putting the twins at risk. They wont hold them for you if your waiting for your OH.. They obviously want to deliver them asap so I wouldnt protest about OH. By the time they have taken you down and prepped you it would probably be close to two hours anyway.. Mine took ages and ages..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->