Premier inn, Holiday inn, Travelodge?

MNORBURY

Reaction score
We're going to London for a couple of nights in nov for our nephews christening so looking to book a budget hotel just to sleep in for a couple of nights.

Which of the above would you say is nicer for me hubby and Evie?

Thankyou :flower:

we had this decision (except for swansea not london.) and nearly everyone we spoke to said premier inn! so thats where were staying xx

Stayed at a premier inn (in lincoln) 2 weeks ago and i could fault it. Ya its not the ritz but for the price tag its well worth it

We always use preimer inns, have been to quite a few thyre great for the money, only one fault was in one the travel cot they gave us was appalling but even then they were more than happy to give us extra blankets and sheets to make it comfy.

We stayed at premier inn in Blackpool a couple of years ago, it was really nice and good value for money. Never stayed at a travel lodge or holiday inn so can't comment on those but would recommend premier inn.

Premier inn are the best out of those three they are more 'Premier' wher-as travellodge and holiday inn are more basic.
We always use premier inn over the other two as we have alwayd had great service with them

Premier Inn i'd vote for. I've only stayed in one of those but it was a great experience and much nicer than some expensive hotels i've stayed in. The rooms were lovely and clean, very spacious and the bed was super soft and was massive! Was supposed to be a double but looked the size of a king :) and the staff were really nice and helpful.

Premier Inn over Travelodge - never stayed a Holiday Inn.

Have a look on Trip Advisor. You can find reviews and photos of the hotel youre looking at staying in. I dont think ive seen a single positive one about a Travelodge in London! :haha:

It depends how budget you want! I don't like Holiday Inns, I feel they are over-priced for what they are. I've stayed in both Premier Inns and Travelodges before, and haven't ever had a problem with either. Travelodge tend to be cheaper, but more basic. Premier Inn are a bit nicer (but still a budget hotel) but more expensive, especially at weekends. They often do good deals though where you get however many nights free.

Innkeepers Lodge is another one to look at. I would actually go to one of them over a Premier Inn. Always had good service/experiences there, and you get breakfast too! ;)

I have only ever stayed in Travelodge because they allow dogs and IM, they are only fit for dogs, they are disgusting. Old, grubby fittings, marked carpets, general feeling of uncleanliness.... :wacko:

I think Premier Inns are pretty good, even discounting the fact they are 'budget'. They do all you can eat breakfast too and kids eat free.

Another vote for the premier inn here, I stay in them a couple of times a year and have never had a bad experience. They are attached or situated right beside a bar/restaurant as well and do a bloody fab breakfast.

The restaurant menu is a bit basic but tbh I think that's more because I have seen it so much as opposed to it being crap

Travelogue I wuld never stay in again

Holiday inn I haven't used, mainly because when I have been booking my hotel premier inn have come up with a better deal price wise.

Never ever ever go near an ETAP hotel x

I actually like premier inn - its clean and comfortable, and i would happily stay in a premier inn.... plus their eat all you want breakfast buffets are gorgeous however dont think much of their lunch and dinner menus however i am fussy!!!

travelodge are okay but more basic, i stayed in one with the kids for two nights when we went to longleat and it had a little chef attached where we could have breakfast..... def not as nice as premier inn's x

never stayed in a holiday inn. x

Premier Inn's are great Value. I always find Holiday Inns quite expensive and Premier Inn is better quality i think xx

By sounds of it premier inn is the way forward and what I will be staying in from now on! Travel lodge and holiday inn are very basic.. I stayed in a holiday inn with my friend our 2 children the other month and wasn't child friendly at all, especially at breakfast we felt so uncomfortable as it was all business people!!

When me OH and LO went to butlins it was so far away we split the journey and stayed in a travelodge half way. We had a family room which was supposed to have been £45 for the night but we got it on an offer for £10. tbh if i had of paid £45 i would have been seriously complaining!!! it was alright for a tenner but we was stupidly basic and we had to change rooms because they one they gave us stunk of smoke

so i really wouldnt recommend travelodge

We have stayed at tons of these across the country. Premier Inns are amazing for the price - Travelodge aren't great unless they are new, same with Holiday Inn. You can now stay in Holiday Inn Expresses and these tend to be cheap and are relatively new so are all still in good condition. Definitely go for PI first but HIE are a good alternative.. I wouldn't bother with TL or regular HI though unless the prices of the others are far too high x

Eta although the breakfast at PI is quite expensive it is definitely worth it! One of the best things about it!

Definitely premier inn. Have stayed in a few the last few years and can't fault them at all. X

Premire Inn, always been lovely when we have stayed in them, just booked 3 nights in one for the end of the month

Before moving in together, if OH and I wanted a night together we had to go to a hotel because of the rules both sets of parents laid down about not being allowed to have each other stay over (sounds ridiculous now!). In my vast experience :haha: Travelodges tend to be marginally cheaper than Premier Inns, but you get what you paid for and the Premier Inn is so worth the extra £10 or so it may cost compared to Travelodge. The beds are far, far, comfier, pillows nicer, nicer furnishings in the room (as silly as that sounds, the Travelodge is a bit Spartan), even the lighting in the rooms is better. If we ever go away now and have to stay somewhere I try and make it a Premier Inn. Holiday Inns (Express and normal) are overpriced, they look nice and modern but you'd get the same effect from a new Travelodge, and they're a nightmare to try and book properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->