Prenatal carrier testing for genetic disorders

Wanted to give an update...

Finally heard back about our appointment in like March? They needed us to get information released to them before they would proceed with booking our appointment, so yet another hoop to jump through. We got that back to them quickly, and then our appointment was booked for May 8th!! More time to wait. So we went for our appointment last week, didn't learn much that we didn't already know, and found out they only wanted to test DH first. It takes 8 weeks for his results to come back, and then if he is positive they would test me. And then I would wait another 8 weeks for my results.

They also explained the process to us if we both ended up being carriers, and it made us do some serious thinking and talking to each other. I think at this point, we are both pretty much decided on TTC without waiting for the results to come back, as it wouldn't change our management during TTC anyways. And if worse case scenario came true, having a child with CF, once we found out they have CF, it would be too late in our minds to terminate.

Kinda useless testing in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->