Prenatal Vitamins and cycle

Yazc

Reaction score
I have tried to find the answer to this on the internet and am having no luck - some people say yes, some say absolutely not...

I started taking pregnancy/conception vitamins a few months ago and my cycle went crazy. I usually have a 30-31 day regular cycle. However this first month it was 58 days like I had totally skipped a period. So the only thing I could think of was the vitamins so stopped taking them - next cycle back to 30 days.

So tried them again the next month as I really want to get all the right vitamins if I manage to conceive... period was late! Stopped taking them and it came on cycle day 42 :wacko:

This has happened every time I have tried them! This cycle I tried a different brand and am now on cycle day 38 :( However on the internet it says there is no way they can have this affect!

Anyone else experience anything like this? Should I just continue to take them and hope that my cycle regulates?

As you can imagine this is really messing up my ability to try and bd on the correct day as it might be messing up my ovulation and has resulted in many negative pregnancy tests :(

If you suspect it is the tablets, what about switching to just folic acid? x

i have never heard of this! but now im worried slightly. lol

im not sure how vitamins can mess up a menstrual cycle? *off to google*

i hope you get things sorted soon :)

You know I had the same thing happen to me! I've been taking prenatal gummies and ever since I taken them by cycle was 44 days last month! And I ovulated on CD 31.. My cycles has always been 32-40 days...

Do you really have to have all those vitamins in the prenatal?

I take a multi vitamin that already has 400 MCG of folic acid?

Ahh! I just posted a topic about vitamins and cycles! haha! Except mine is the opposite! I had random 27-35 day cycles and since I've been taking prenatals my cycles are regular 28 days like they used to be before my daughter!

If you suspect it is the tablets, what about switching to just folic acid? x

Well Im a vegetarian and have been my whole life so feel like I need the extra vitamins as well

i have never heard of this! but now im worried slightly. lol

im not sure how vitamins can mess up a menstrual cycle? *off to google*

i hope you get things sorted soon :)

I couldnt get any answers from google - a few other people posted similar things happening to them but people replied saying it wasnt possible :wacko:

Im so confused lol I dont know what else it could be messing with my cycles

Ahh! I just posted a topic about vitamins and cycles! haha! Except mine is the opposite! I had random 27-35 day cycles and since I've been taking prenatals my cycles are regular 28 days like they used to be before my daughter!

I wish I had that luck!

I might switch to fertilaid or fertility blend as I have heard they can regulate cycles rather than mess them up!

YES!!!!

I was just talking to a friend about this. Last cycle I started them. And it jumped to a 31 day cycle. When it's normally 23-25 days. I was convinced I was preggo. BUT I wasn't! It also killed my period! 3 days with only 1 heavy day. Not complaining about that. Now I'm only taking them every so many days. I can't handle a long cycle like that. Too impatient! Especially when I ovulated early! It ends up being a redic long LP.

I want to note that I am also vegan! So the prenatals are designed specifically for my diet!

I had the same issue. Started prenatals and cycles from 29 went to as long as 38. I stopped using them and then continued after getting a bfp.

I think I have the same problem. Granted I stopped bcp in June so it could have something to do with that, but I've been trying to take the prenatals every month. I never have gotten my period while still taking them. I usually run out and a few days later AF will arrive. I posted on here about it and the only responses I got said that this was impossible. I'm so glad I'm not alone!

It gives me some hope to see it took until your 11th cycle to conceive. Congratulations! I just got AF this am after 6 months of TTC it is a heart wrenching morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->