Prenatal Vitamins That Aren't Gross?

ButternutBabe

Reaction score
Is there a brand of prenatal's that aren't absolutely disgusting? I have the Rainbowlight Prenatal One and the pills are huge and taste horrendous. I'm very very bad at taking pills, so are there any that are smaller and don't taste so badly?

I've found a few brands of gummy pills but I don't want to buy one at random without knowing which tastes the best so any advice is appreciated!

I've had terrible nausea and taking pills has been very problematic this time around. Last time I tried to take my prenatal, I threw it and my dinner up.

So, my doctor recommended getting some of the Flintstones vitamins and taking those instead for the time being, until I can handle the regular ones again. I bought myself a bottle of the sour gummy Flintstones and they have been great! Don't taste like vitamins much at all. I take two, as that is the "adult" dosage.

I may have to end up doing that as well then. I really want to give my baby the best I can, but I can't even manage to swallow the giant Rainbowlight pills without scratching my throat and gagging.

Yeah. I've seen actual gummy prenatals at the store, but I'm hesitant to buy them because if they taste bad they are coming right back up right now. The doctor told me that ANYTHING is better than nothing. So the Flintstones will still help. (Also, the sour kind don't have the fake sugar stuff in them--they have real sugar. Which is important for me, because the fake stuff upsets my tummy)

Alright I took a risk on taste and bought the VitaFusion PreNatal gummies. They're "natural lemon and raspberry lemonade" flavored. The definitely aren't the most delicious thing I've ever eaten but it's MUCH easier eating them than trying to swallow the giant Rainbowlight pills.

Just thought I'd update in case anyone else was struggling!

Good to hear! Maybe I will try those out when my current bottle runs out.

I have the Pregnacare ones which are big but I don't find so bad if you take with food. Not sure if you could crush them and put them in your meal so you aren't aware of them lol, just a thought x

i used pregnacare for my last two pregnancies but this time im using boots on brand with added ginger its cheaper and with added ginger really helps my sickness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->