Prenatals and Cycle Changes

Hopeful8289

Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I am new so this may have already been brought up but I was hoping to get some feedback. I started taking prenatal vitamins to be safe since we have stopped preventing and it was advised by my doctor of course, but I don't think I can continue with them. I have been paying attention, and I know medically I have read lots of people stating his cannot be the cause, but my cycle is way off when I take them! I normally have a 28-31 day cycle and these cause me to not have a period. When I stop taking them, my period starts. But if not, I don't have one. This is completely not normal for me, and I have been regular my whole life. Does anyone else have a similar problem? What have you done that helped? Can I just take folic acid alone and see if that stops the problem then just start all the vitamins once I would actually conceive? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think I'm dealing with this same issue. I have been taking prenatals for over a year but just recently changed to a different one with DHA in it and my period is a week late and my cycles have been regular and about 30 days apart for about a year. I'm going to stop taking these and go back to the other ones I was taking previously and see if my period starts and see what happens next month. Maybe try a different brand and see if that helps or take a multi-vitamin with folic acid and then when you get pregnant you can take prenatals.

Hmm.. That's pretty interesting. I've only been taking prenatals for a month now (I started mid cycle) and I just figured out today that I've ovulated late... Which is going to make my period late and I'm pretty regular.

I know D vitamins effect the thyroid which then effects menstrual cycles.. But the way I understood it a deficiency can shorten your leutal phase. Anyhoo.. How long was your leutal phase before you started taking them? I don't really know what else to make of it.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was on vacation. Anyway, I scoured the internet for why this would be happening and then looked at my vitamins and determined it may be from the iron. From what I read when searching good ol' google, iron can be toxic when you get too much of it and most of the symptoms of iron toxicity is what I think I was experiencing. This cycle I switched to only taking folic acid and trying to eat a more balanced diet. We shall see if that helps in about 14-15 days, which is my normal leutal phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->