Prenatals-Favorites?

Maturemama39

Reaction score
Hi everyone-

So when DH and I decided to ttc#2 I started taking prenatal vitamin to get ready. Now my hair seems to be falling out.....my vitamin does not contain iron because those are huge and I can only take them blends in a smoothie. Anybody else have issues or a favorite prenatal vitamin they can recommend?

Hi everyone-

So when DH and I decided to ttc#2 I started taking prenatal vitamin to get ready. Now my hair seems to be falling out.....my vitamin does not contain iron because those are huge and I can only take them blends in a smoothie. Anybody else have issues or a favorite prenatal vitamin they can recommend?
Hey hun
Just stopped by to let you know Nature made prenatal with dha is an awesome one in my eye..easy to take no fist after taste and doesn't make u sick... Natele' and Rainbow light has a really good ones as well
I'm taking the Natele' brand pregnancy vitamin while ttcing haven't had any effects from them ....no hair loss nothing but Tmi Bright bright almost neon yellow urine lol but I've read most does that...anyhow I'll be switching to Nature made when a pregnancy is confirmed since it has the dha..

Hi everyone-

Hey hun
Just stopped by to let you know Nature made prenatal with dha is an awesome one in my eye..easy to take no fist after taste and doesn't make u sick... Natele' and Rainbow light has a really good ones as well
I'm taking the Natele' brand pregnancy vitamin while ttcing haven't had any effects from them ....no hair loss nothing but Tmi Bright bright almost neon yellow urine lol but I've read most does that...anyhow I'll be switching to Nature made when a pregnancy is confirmed since it has the dha..

Thank you! Do you know if you can blend in a smoothie?

Amm not quite sure but I guess if its a capsule with powder instead of liquid it should be easy to add it in..

I like Vitafusion gummy prenatal! It does not have iron so I took a nature made iron supplement as well (I'm anemic).

I like Vitafusion gummy prenatal! It does not have iron so I took a nature made iron supplement as well (I'm anemic).

Thanks for your input...I'm going to try those if I switch the Natele ones .. :hugs:

There are a lot if good brands out there. Ideally you want one with actual folate instead of the (more common) synthetic "folic acid". That said, I had some special considerations (needed a prenatal that didn't contain Vitamin K, but did have all the things I was looking for), so I didn't start taking an actual prenatal until about a week ago. At 27 weeks pregnant. LOL. Before then, I simply pieced together the most important elements for any given stage. During TTC, folate was the most important factor-- so I took a freestanding folate supplement made by Solgar. I also took other things (magnesium, vitamin D, iron, activated B-12, etc) but the folate was my main focus.

When I finally became pregnant I kept on with the same regimen. I looked high and low for a prenatal supplement that would fit my needs. However, having no luck, I figured just taking key elements on their own would be good enough. It wasn't until very recently that I finally found my perfect prenatal. (No vitamin K, plus the active forms of folate and b-12... as well as iron and iodine which are both very important during pregnancy.) I've been taking it for a week now and feel great. It hasn't caused any digestive issues and the capsules are easy to get down. :)

"Baby Best Start" by Frontrunners Health. I think that have their own website, but I got mine from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01400LX6A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are a lot if good brands out there. Ideally you want one with actual folate instead of the (more common) synthetic "folic acid". That said, I had some special considerations (needed a prenatal that didn't contain Vitamin K, but did have all the things I was looking for), so I didn't start taking an actual prenatal until about a week ago. At 27 weeks pregnant. LOL. Before then, I simply pieced together the most important elements for any given stage. During TTC, folate was the most important factor-- so I took a freestanding folate supplement made by Solgar. I also took other things (magnesium, vitamin D, iron, activated B-12, etc) but the folate was my main focus.

When I finally became pregnant I kept on with the same regimen. I looked high and low for a prenatal supplement that would fit my needs. However, having no luck, I figured just taking key elements on their own would be good enough. It wasn't until very recently that I finally found my perfect prenatal. (No vitamin K, plus the active forms of folate and b-12... as well as iron and iodine which are both very important during pregnancy.) I've been taking it for a week now and feel great. It hasn't caused any digestive issues and the capsules are easy to get down. :)

"Baby Best Start" by Frontrunners Health. I think that have their own website, but I got mine from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01400LX6A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for ur reply...will check them out
GL in ur pregnancy

Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->