Preparation for OH

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
What do you think OH should do to prepare to TTC? So far we're...
-getting to a healthy weight (he has too much, I'm at a healthy weight put would like to add a little on)
-eating better (he's a picky one!)
-taking men's/women's vitamins (Rainbow brand! Love them!)
-looking for a gym to join (getting there...)
-walking when it's nice out. (yay! it's getting warm again!)

I figure that should be good for now but is there anything you think we're missing? We've got a bit to go but for our own health it would be good to get going sooner, you know?

Thanks!

Mine needs to:

take his vitamins more faithfully
Eat more fresh salads/greens/fruit everyday
Walk more often/get in a bit more exercise
Get a normal sleep schedule
Find better ways of controlling stress

The hard part is getting him to do it all, he finds it difficult if I'm not there to remind him!

My OH is a diamond, he has been going to the gym and is trying to stop smoking, he isn't too keen on taking vitamins but I shall twist his arm with my womanly ways :haha:

I think you've got everything covered for your OH!

I need to get my husband to take a multivitamin. Luckily he's already healthy/ fit so I don't have to bug him about that. Though it would be great if I could get him to chill out with the diet coke.

oooo diet coke is a big no-no! It's really not good for you. He'd actually be better off drinking the regular stuff (unless he's diabetic?)

pluto--*lifts shirt* see these? *puts shirt down* Vitamins first! :rofl: Mine's actually good about the vitamins. He asked me to help him pick out vitamins on his own. He's on the store brand now but will be switching to the organic ones I take when he runs out in a week or two. (the men's version I mean. lol)

Stopping smoking would be an important one if he smokes currently and cutting down alcohol to as low a level as possible. When you get closer to ttc there are a few more things for him to do, like no tight underwear, no hot baths and no long bike journeys.

Not a smoker (except the occasional MJ. HE knows that right before/during TTC he can't though) and hates alcohol! I'm the wine fan (not to get drunk... just tastes good with dinner. Until I'm TTC I'll keep it a that, I think) Thanks for the input!

My DH already takes multivitamins for men.. hes excersizing good, and we go for walks a few times a week.
We're both in good health.
My DH quit smoking almost 4 months ago, and he drinks alcohol but only a beer or so a day.
All he needs to do is prepare himself mentally!!

Seriously, I never even thought about preparing my OH. :blush: Maybe I can get him to start working out with me and to quit smoking with me. That would definitely help. Thanks for the ideas ladies!

By the way, what's the multivitamin for (for the men, I mean)? Is it just to make sure they're healthy or is there some secret in multivitamins that could help to conceive. Sorry if that sounds dumb. :blush:

my oh wont change a thing - he will still smoke and drink and never in a million years take vitamins - he does eat well tho and hates fizzy drinks so thats one good thing.
The trouble is he now has this attitude that he does not need to do anything as he got me pregnant before like he is - stupid really

xx

Good vitamins for men? I just found that.

aidensxmomma--you don't sound dumb! WE spend so much time seeing what WE can do that we sometimes forget that it takes 2!

angie79--Have you tried explaining that if he takes better care of himself it will help the baby's health too? Simple point but some guys just don't get it on without having it pointed out.

yeah i did but he said nothing.
He may actually change his mind when we are ttc but i doubt it

xx

*crosses fingers* I hope he changes his mind and shapes up a bit for you and baby.

I hadn't even thought about my OH needing to do anything - I just informed him. He didn't look to happy! Hahaha!

What do you think OH should do to prepare to TTC? So far we're...
-getting to a healthy weight (he has too much, I'm at a healthy weight put would like to add a little on)
-eating better (he's a picky one!)
-taking men's/women's vitamins (Rainbow brand! Love them!)
-looking for a gym to join (getting there...)
-walking when it's nice out. (yay! it's getting warm again!)

I figure that should be good for now but is there anything you think we're missing? We've got a bit to go but for our own health it would be good to get going sooner, you know?

Thanks!

you dont have to join a gym you will find its cheeper to actually by a swiss ball and a set of dumbelss then to actually go and use a gym each month for me because i know what iam doing i prefer haveing the kit at home as i dont like working out in the gym because they all know iam fully qualified fitness instructor so its very embarrasing to have them stare to make sure my tech is right. i do say thought if your after saveing as much money as you can argos have reebook balls which are awsome and also a set of dumbells i got a set last year for fround £20-£30 and it had bumbelss, barbell 4 collers and a good lot of weight plates. hope this helped

The only thing hubby did when we started to TTC was to bath a bit cooler, cause that can have an impact on the quality of sperm. I actually checked the water temp myself everytime he bathed. lol :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->