Preschool Clique??

heather92

Reaction score
I haven't been on BnB in over a year, but after a conference this week I really have no idea what to do so I came back to see if I could get some advice.

My 5-year-old is in preschool and her teachers are concerned because she's the "leader" of a clique. They say she's at the top of her class academically (probably because it's her third year of preschool - September birthday) but the problem is that she knows it. The other girls in her class all want to be friends with her, and there are some she's nice to, but the girls who aren't doing well in school or who are shy she refuses to play with.

I've tried talking to her about this in the past after noticing it in her dance class, but she doesn't seem to understand why it's not okay. I have no idea what to do to. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I'm afraid i don't have any experience of this but didn't want to read and run.

What have the pre-school said about helping her? The pre-school my 5 yo went to (and my 3 yo is now going to) is always very helpful about dealing with an issue. They don't just say 'x is doing this and we don't like it' they then suggest ways of dealing with it.

I am assuming that she isn't ignoring the shy etc children to be mean but because she doesn't actually know how to deal with them.

Well i'm having the same problem except my daughters in grade 1. The only thing u can really do is try and talk to her about the rights and wrongs of friendship. Half of the time she dosent listen to me so i went to the library and found some videos but she just looked at me like i was crazy or something. lol. Just try your best soon enough she will understand. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->