Pressure in bottom..normal or not?

twinkie2

Mom of 2 Girls
Reaction score
So I'm rounding near 33 weeks. Today I sat on my ball for a few minutes and noticed an extreme pressure in my bottom, like I needed to go to the bathroom, not an urge to push or anything. This is baby 3 for me and I never had this before. Curious if anyone can help shed some light on this for me. I don't have another OB appt til the 5th. I am assuming everything is ok in there, just want some other experiences as, like I said, I didn't have this the last 2 times. It's not painful necessarily, but definitely uncomfortable. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

I’m also pregnant with #3 and I have been experiencing pelvic pressure for some time now (I’m now 39+1). I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Best of luck with your newest addition!

Yes I felt like that a few weeks ago, not sure if it was engagement that popped out again or what but it did go after a few days, think was just baby’s position x

Yep have had this numerous times, baby seems to be swimming haha. It was worse when they were back to back for a few weeks but has gotten better since they changed position, midwife told me it was normal as everything is a bit more lax the more babies you have!

Yes, it is normal unfortunately. I had it from about 34 weeks (this is baby #2). I never had anything like that with my first, even before she was born. I'm 37 weeks now and still feel it most days. It's likely baby dropping or engaging or at least putting pressure on your cervix or bottom of your pelvis (as your pelvic floor doesn't support the weight quite as well after more than one baby).

Yes, I had it with both of mine from around 31/32 weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->