preterm labour?update from assessment

So I'm back from my assesment. They did about a 20 minute assessment monitoring contractions and baby and I had about 5 contractions in 20 mins but they were only lasting 15seconds. I thought it was a lot of contractions to have in a 20minute period but they called my doctor and he seems to think its due to the heat and to drink a lot of fluid (which I have been doing). I would have thought having contractions that much would be somewhat concerning even if they are just braxton hicks (I've read if you have four or more in an hour to call the midwife or doctor) butbi guess if they aren't concerned I shouldn't be.

i had the same a few weeks ago, i also had the feeling i was losing water. they had a urine check and a cervix check. i dont know how far along you are, but i was 21 weeks and they told me it is very common now to have these kind of pains and they are either bh or growing pains.
i had contractions every 15mins for the the whole morning. they also suggested hot shower and warm compress on the back and belly.
they disappeared after a while, however now i got terrible back pains. they seem to be connected to the growth of the baby and womb and the position of them.
good luck to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->