Preventing Stretch Marks?

Mild Mango

Reaction score
Are you doing or using anything to prevent stretch marks during this pregnancy? I know we're all pretty early on and most of us aren't showing yet, but have you started doing anything yet? What did you try during your previous pregnancies? Did it work?

With my daughter I avoided stretch marks right up until 39 weeks, then that morning I was covered! I used alsorts as well :( I don't think there is much we can do to prevent them unfortunately xx

I think a lot is down to genes. I got one stretch mark 3 days after I gave birth! None up to then. I used stretch mark cream occasionally! Completely faded now 2 years on.

I was stretch mark free up until 32 weeks, I've learned to love them now. With this bean I will probably use bio oil so they don't get AS bad x

Previous pregnancy, I thought I was going to get lucky and not get any stretch marks, but around month 7 I could tell that they were starting up. I started using Palmer's lotion and Palmer's tummy butter daily. I do think that they helped a lot, but I definitely feel that the results would have been much better had I started using them a few months earlier.

After pregnancy, I used Mederma For Stretch Marks.

This pregnancy, I'm trying to take a more "natural" approach, I guess you could say. I'm using cooking grade coconut oil, which I've heard can really be helpful. I've also heard drinking lots of water can be beneficial. I'm starting to use the coconut oil now this time around since I feel like I waited way too long last time. We will see how it goes!

As my mum has really bad stretch marks and it supposedly being hereditary, I used Erbaviva stretch mark cream in the mornings and bio oil in the evenings from about 8 weeks right up to birth. I have zero marks, but I did only put a stone and a half with my last pregnancy. I'll be doing the same this time round too. x

Stay hydrated, take an omega 3 supplement, eat foods high in vitamin E, like almonds.

Both my mom and my sister got stretch marks badly, I used palmers through my whole pregnancy with my son, drank tons of water and stayed active and have none of my stomach at all (I gained 59 lbs and was all belly) I did get a few on my butt after having him but they are now gone. I'm now almost 4 months pregnant with second baby, drinking tons of water and using palmers so far so good and I've already gained 15 lbs

I used bio oil/ sanctuary stretch mark oil from 20 weeks (when I started showing) morning and evening religiously and I didn't get one stretch mark. I will definitely be doing the same thing this time round as soon as my tummy starts to grow.

all down to them genes.

best thing is to drink plenty of water to help your skin more elastic and try to gain weight at steady speed.

I thought I got away without getting them but then from 36weeks they popped up all over. They faded after few months.
They were called mummy tiger stripes

I actually had this tinyest stretch mark. I went into to be induced and was like iv totally avoided them! but after my son was born I had loads of them! I got mines at the pushing stage sometimes its unavoidable. look at them as special marks a reminder of that special day xxxx

I gained 4 1/2 stone and used Clarins Stretch Mark control twice a day. I drank tons and ate fruit mainly, I didn't get any.

But then none of the women have either in my family and there are a set of twins thrown in there. For me, I am a big believer it is genetic.

This time, I'm drinking water, haven't put as much on at this stage and using it once a day.

It was the itching mainly that got to me.

I used bio oil religiously, sometimes 4 times a day to stop the itching, and I'm COVERED, and I mean covered. I escaped them until around 32 weeks, but after that I got thousands, so I'm one saying bio oil was rubbish for me!

i recently saw an article about bio oil being a scam.

I think the best thing to do is olive oil (extra virgin) or coconut oil (unrefined) drink tons of water, eat foods with vit e and omega 3's

I use Burt's Bees Mama Bee Body Oil and Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil interchangeably, and really like them (I also have Palmer's lotion, but it irritates my skin a bit). I also drink a lot of water. I have a feeling I'll still get them though, because of the hereditary factor. But I'm still a firm believer that oil can help minimize them, although not keep them away altogether.

I didn't have any until 40+3! I thought I'd avoided them. Used bio oil, palmers cocoa butter and some bar thing from Lush.

They are silvery now though and I don't mind them - my bikini days are over anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->