prevention of drowning

momandpeanut

Reaction score
I saw this and found it intresting and thought id share

Hope this works

!https://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

As useful as that is to know, it's still quite a shocker!!!!!!!!! I felt really uneasy watching that. Is that technique taught in the UK?

I dont know if its taught here !

It really shocked me when i first watched it i and i wasnt sure i even like it but i can see the positive side i think !

wow thats so clever for babies to be able to do that!!!

God that made me soooo uneasy watching that little baby toddling towards that water. . . I just checked their website and its only done in the US and a few other international countries-none in the UK!!

Im gutted, I would so want to take my own baby and my charges to that. They have a pool in their garden and Im forever frightened about them falling in it. :cry:

Thanks for sharing, momandpeanut x x

I managed to watch that to the end...as worried as I was when he went in, it was his face at the end!!! Looks like he had a really good time while we were all cringing in our seats!!!!

It definatly takes a couple of watches to get used to the idea !

I love that idea! Way too many people (not just children) drown because they weren't taught how to swim, and if you get it in early, they'll always have that knowledge, making them less vulnerable to... life!

I think that this is wonderful! Babies have a natural survival instinct if put into the water very soon after birth. This then takes them through to learn to swim and look after themselves in the water. My sisters kids were taught from a REALLY early age and are brilliant little swimmers now!!

Haha me and the father are both strong swimmers so we're hoping the gene is hereditary!

Does anyone know of something like that ISR in the UK?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that babies can just swim so it makes sense to capitalise on that and teach them through. I love swimming and want all mine to swim as soon as possible. I was very scared when I first learned and it took forever but now I'm more comfortable in water than on land!

This is fabulous! My mother always taught me as a kid to float on my back for survival. I have an inground pool in my backyard and am totally goiing to look into this for baby. Thanks for posting!

Hmmmmmmmm....I think it's a load of rubbish and baby has some kind of float under the babygro:dohh:

It genuinly true :) .
I have heard allot about it before , Allthow not in the uk :( .
I think its amazing , I remember taking finnley to the pool when he was about 10 weeks old ... The life guard and i got talking , And she said Putting him under for a few seconds then turning him around whilst under then bringing him back up is a good technique to help get baby to stop been petrified of water . I did it Allthow i felt awfull trying at first he now loves water .... I wish i had learnt earlier as Layla HATES water and we struggle even washing her hair . xx .

This company runs baby swimming classes throughout the UK. It's not as intense as the prevention of drowning courses they do in the US but looks good all the same!

www.waterbabies.co.uk

Thank you for the link ive been looking for one in the uk !!

First off, I think that its very irresponsible of parent not to have gates installed around their pools if they have children in the house. I started teaching Keira how to swim at 10 weeks. At three months, she's comfortable floating on her back with slight support on her back and she goes underwater without much trouble, so Im looking forward to making a little shark out of her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->