Primary school teachers

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any teachers on here that can recommend some good maths sites. Dec is primary 4 and although he is above average in both maths and English he needs a bit more encouragement when it comes to maths. I am looking for some sites where he can have fun while doing an extra bit of work. I have bought him some books but I think sitting at the table writing is boring if I knew some good websites where we could make it fun I think he would enjoy it more :flower:

If he's got a tablet sumdog is apparently brilliant, my 11 y/o and 9 y/o use it on recommendation from their school and seem to actually enjoy it :)

Ask his teacher. Our primary school is signed up to a few different websites and they give out codes to the the children to practice whenever they want. I found here they tend to give them out in a letter at the end of each school year for the kids to keep fresh on certain areas with such a long break but if they are signed up to anything like that they should be able to give you codes now.

I used to have a few apps on my ipad for mine at that age but I cannot remember the names of them, usually you will need to pay for any of the ones that have the decent content on. Teacher may also be able to recommend apps that teach things like maths in the same way they will learn at school as I found they vary dramatically and you don't want to confuse him by teaching him at home in a completely different way he is being taught at school.

n rich not the easiest to navigate but a great deal of resources

I used Math whizz with DS and it seems like his school is also using it, they also use study ladder, it have math, science & language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->