Private scan at 8weeks 3 days, 110bpm??

jennyellen13

My angel baby Jenny Ford
Reaction score
hello, scan showed everything was perfect and dates perfect however she said at one point that it was 120bpm and then 110bpm?? Is this too low? Has anybody else had this? She did struggle to get the heart rate but it was clearly visible on the screen. So I’m wondering if maybe it just wasn’t accurate? I see midwife on Thursday so will ask but someone on another site said it should be 120 by 7 weeks xx

110 sounds a little slow, but it can depend on so many different things. Plus if she didn't get an accurate read, that could make a big difference. But you're over 100bpm which is great, under 100 would be more worrisome.

If your sonographer didn't seem concerned I'm sure you don't need to worry :)

110 sounds a little slow, but it can depend on so many different things. Plus if she didn't get an accurate read, that could make a big difference. But you're over 100bpm which is great, under 100 would be more worrisome.

If your sonographer didn't seem concerned I'm sure you don't need to worry :)

Thank you for your reply, well I’m going with the fact she said two different numbers and she didn’t actually give me exact bpm just said about those means she couldn’t get the best reading. Trying to stay positive knowing that baby is the right size and there is a heartbeat. And like you said it’s over 100 so need to try and stay positive! Iv never had a early scans before this pregnancy so I don’t know what is normal for me and not. Xx

Yes I'd agree with you - sounds like she just didn't get the best measurement. Also the bigger babies grow the slower their hearts get. So the average reading at 7 weeks can be a lot higher than at 8+3 just because the baby grows quite a lot in those early stages, and the heart doesn't have to pump as quickly.

Congrats on your pregnancy by the way!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Sounds a little low, but if she struggled to get the heart rate, I would go with that's the reason why since everything else seemed to be measuring perfectly. Could you possibly ask for a re-scan just for peace of mind? I'm sure if you explained why they would be able to schedule you in for another one. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thank you ladies, it didn’t sit right with me when she said it but my plan is on Thursday when I see midwife to ask for another scan or see what she’s says and if she’s worried about it then I’m sure she will send me for another scan. I think the important thing for me to remember baby is there measuring fine and has a heartbeat which although isn’t nice and high like I would like, it’s still there and growing hopefully. Sonographer didn’t seem concerned but it was private. So a couple of days and il let you know what the outcome is when I see the midwife. Thank you for your replies, it helps a lot xxx

Just wanted to say I found heartbeat on my Doppler at 175bpm so feel very happy at the moment! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->