Probably a silly ? -- cloth bum fit *update: didn't work :sob:*

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
I have a cloth nappy that I am going to try out, hopefully tonight, now that I have it washed, dried and ready. I got one off a friend that she hasn't used so I can give it a try before I invest in very many. I can't do them full time so it is like a double investment for me. :dohh: But I would like to do them part time if I like them.

I have a big boy! I have been a bit worried that the nappy might be too small. I was looking through the Cloth Bum Pics and they all seem pretty big on the LO. So, how will I know if it fits right??? If I end up with a leaky mess, I don't want to blame it on the cloth if it is really just a poor fit. :nope: According to the nappy, it is within his size (based on weight) range. But I am still dubious as I know that doesn't always work.

Seems like an obvious thing that I should know, but somehow I just am not sure! :haha:

They do tend to be bulkier than sposies, but if you have good coverage between the legs, it fits well there and around the waist I'm sure it won't be an issue. It's kind of the same as you know when you need to go up a size in sposies. Some cloth does fit trimmer so not all will look really bulky...especially after they get to be a couple months old and up

So by "fit well" there, you mean should be wide between his legs with no gaps... and should cover al his bum well?

I tend to judge when he needs to go up a size in spoises based on the fact that they are leaking too often even though they seem to "fit" well still. He's getting ready to go up to size 4 now -- size 3 looks like they fit, but he is having far too many blowouts. :dohh:

Gawd this seems so basic. :blush:

:rofl:

Haha yeah as long as he has good coverage, it fits well around his legs, no gaps, and the same for his waist. Also the rise needs to be high enough to fully cover in the back and front

I no what u mean, for days i had fears of was the thing on to tight :shrug: !! xx

:hissy: IT WAS TOO SMALL!!! :hissy:

:sad2: :sad2:

Now, I am back to square one and need to find another one to try out. I can't afford to buy loads of them before I find a good fit! :( Especially because I can't fully switch. :sigh:

What size and style do you need to try? Maybe someone here will have one you can "borrow"...I know if I have one that would be suitable youd be welcome to borrow it.

Awww, how disappointing for you. :( Maybe you should think about getting a BTP nappy that'll last you a long time. They can sometimes be more expensive upfront, but you can use them much longer than a sized nappy, so work out economical in the end. Do you have a feel for the kinds of nappies you'd like to use?

I tried one of these:

https://www.clothdiaperseh.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=BareBumDiapers&Sub=7&isThumbs=No&Thumbs=

I think it was a small size, but might have been medium?? I will have to ask the friend I bought it from. I really really like the style, and feel of it. It was just a bit too small. My LO is 21 pounds (Not so little!)

I would love to borrow one to find one that works! But I live in the US, so borrowing from overseas might be a pain. :sigh:

I just really want to find a size and fit that works for him, then get a half dozen or so to use evenings and weekends. He's in care weekdays and they won't take cloth bums. :(

your LO would definately need a medium or large,. My LO is around 22lbs and she is using medium sized cloth diapers in all her diapers.

I would suggest Fuzzi Bunz! Hayden is 25lbs now and still wears the smalls, the mediums are huge! OR actually probably even better since it's a one size, BumGenius organic aio. I'm sorry it didn't fit :(

One size? How does it fit diferrent size babies if it is just one size?? :confused:

:shy: Probably a silly question again! :haha:

Haha it's fine :) They have adjustable rise sizes, you can snap down the front so it isn't too big and then they fit tighter. Here is what they look like

https://www.momsmilkboutique.com/BGOrganicSnaps.html

See the main picture is it fully unsnapped in the rise then the pictures on the right show it snapped all the way down...there are 3 rise settings so it should fit any baby up to 35lbs.

i agree with the others, leyla is 25lbs now and is in medium, not quite large but almost there!!! try a bigger size :D

x

Thanks! I have about 10 nappies on the way! :happydance: All one sizes or larges in BG and Nana's Bottoms. I can't wait to get a few and try them out! Hopefully by this weekend. :wohoo:

Hope they work!!! I know a few people that swear by the BG 3.0 one-size. I can't use these yet since LO is still pretty small (but getting bigger in a hurry)... I had the opposite problem, as LO was too small for most of them and it took a while to find the right size. I love reusables though, especially once I found the right ones!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->