Probiotics while TTC/Pregnancy?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is ok to take probiotics while TTC and if I were to become pregnant, would it affect the baby? I'm currently taking probiotics because of recurrent UTIs and it does seem to be helping, however I've never taken them during a pregnancy before. I will obviously ask my doctor at my first appointment but I was looking to see if anyone is taking probiotics while TTC or if you've ever taken probiotics while pregnant. Thanks, ladies!

It shouldn't hurt anything. They don't effect fertility and as for effecting the babe, early on they aren't really getting anything from you so wouldn't even get to them.

Probiotics are just bacteria that are found naturally in your body! So I would say they're safe

I take them every day and all seems fine. I find it helps keep yeast infections away

If I don't take probiotics throughout pregnancy, I get yeast infections constantly. Make sure you read the bottle. There are a few that say "DO NOT use while pregnant" because they contain things other than probiotics. Just plain probiotics will be fine. I prefer Garden of Life brand during pregnancy and postpartum. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->