Problem with BF

Preg Mama

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I am 18 weeks preg. I had my last baby in 2013. My son wouldn't feed fully , He would fell sleep after 4-5 min and I tried so many different ways to wake him up but would succeed. After 2 months went on giving him formula. Any ways you know for this sleepy babies?I want to know so if it happens again i know what to do.:baby:

No quick fixes here, just reassurance that a sleepy baby is normal in the first few weeks. If it was still happening when the baby was older it could be that the attachment to the breast wasn't good and sucking was tiring him out - did you get pain when feeding him and was he slow to gain weight? If yes then I'd say there was an issue with how he was attached. Some babies are just naturally "snackers" and will put on adequate weight by feeding for short periods very often.

This time round can you investigate support groups in your area and find out what support your hospital offers. You can talk through the problems you had last time, find out what is normal and what is a real problem and get support before LO is born.

My first was a sleepy lazy eater as well. I would offer one side, change his diaper and wake him up (because he would ALWAYS fall asleep) and then feed the other side. Sleepy babies are fine and will eventually grow out of it. I did find that my LO ate every 90 minutes or so until he got to the point where he could stay awake a little longer to take in more milk, and while it was annoying for me, worked for him and he ended up breast feeding for 18 months.

Thanks Ladies
So I have to be really patient for eery 90 min feeds.
Noon_child yes will investigate more.

just remember it doesn't last for ever! When my lo went down to feeding every 4-6 hours i felt a little sad that i wouldn't get to cuddle him as often

My son was in NICU for the 1st 9 days of his life and when he came out he was so sleepy. He wouldn't stay awake at all. I remember it being so stressful. I used to do everything - tickling his feet, changing his nappy, rubbing his chin etc. I would feed him every couple of hours. But he grew out of it and 7 months on he feeds like a champion. Just remember it will get easier xxx

I will try my best this time. I remember for my first my breasts used to be hard and full all the time but with my son my breasts were soft and not much milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->