• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

problem with milk after weaning..

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
As dr advised, i started slowly weaning my LO to help with his reflux (4.5m) i started with pureed fruit, mushed banana etc. hes now also had, rusks with his milk, mince & veg & a yogurt.
he has one meal a day for now, Dr advised just a few spoons, but on saturday he ate a whole serving spoon full of the mince & veg..
anyway, since ive been weaning, on maybe his next bottle a few hours after meal he cried for it, opens his mouth for it, but once he gets a little bit, he pushed the bottle out and cries, but then takes it after and does the same, its like he doesnt want the milk, he wants food..
he does eventually drink the milk, and still only has one meal..
should i maybe give him another meal?

That to me actually sounds how my daughter was when she had reflux. Does he seem in discomfort? It's possible that the solids are aggravating the reflux more and causing it to flare up a few hours later when you offer milk. I certainly wouldn't replace the bottle with a solid meal as he really needs as much milk as he'll take until 1 rather than food. It could also be that he's eating a bit much and isn't hungry. You might try spacing out the bottle further from his solid meal (or offering less food), as long as he's not obviously hungry. But personally, I'd really try to prioritize the milk over solids, unless it's obvious that the solids have improved his reflux enough to risk dropping a bottle.

No hes not in discomfort, i dont replace a bottle, he still has the same amount, he also sometimes has one after a meal.
the solids do seem to have improved the reflux as he is sick alot less, and isnt sick after a solid meal.
it could be that he is thirsty & maybe wants a little water rather than milk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->