Problems after my d&c

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
I am not sure if I should post this here or in the miscarriage section. But I had a missed abortion on Friday, which was found after having an ultrasound where they found no fetal heartbeat and the baby had not grown since the ultrasound at 7 weeks. Needless to say we were heartbroken and devastated. I was sent for a D&C the next day, which went fine. The next day I didn't bleed very much, just some light spotting.

However yesterday my lower back started hurting to the point I could not get comfortable in any position, and taking even heavy duty pain meds was not helping. Then later that night I started passing golf ball sized blood clots, and my pee was bright red with blood. Today the pain is just as bad, I have chills and then I am hot. But the blood clots are so bad, that I actually had to push some out. I went to the doctor who did the D&C (not my normal doctor) and he said he thought he got everything out..and didnt seem very worried. But did want me to get an ultrasound. I have the ultrasound tomorrow morning.

But I am completely freaking out. Im in so much pain and the clotting is making me very worried.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Should I just go to the ER?

Could it affect my future pregnancies?

Thank you.

Im not sure how to answer most of your questoins, but if you are in pain, I would go to the ER... :hugs: Im sorry for your loss.. :(

I am sorry lovely.

I had a complete miscarriage just after New Year.

I had really bad cramping for over 12 hours and passed lots of blood.

Although I passed clots, they were not as big as your (sorry tmi). Sounds like you are going through an awful time.

I would go to the doctors/A&E if you are still in pain.

Lots of love xxx

Pain and passing blood clots it quite normal but they shouldn't be that big. It's good you're getting checked tomorrow but don't let them just dismiss it if you still feel there's a problem. Ask to see another doctor.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: Like the others said I would go ahead and go in to be checked. :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a D&C in Nov, i was bleeding (like a light period). A few days later i really bad stomach pains to the point where i doubled up in pain and had a really high temp and was shivering in bed. To cut a long story short, my partner rushed me to A&E and i as in hospital for 6 nights as i had a bad infection due to still some tissue left and the infection had spread all over my body. I am not saying yours is the same as mine but i would get it checked out asap. Let me know how you get on. Hope you feel better soon, big hugs xxx

Well I had my ultrasound today, and there was "something" still in there. They assumed it was massive clotting. So I went to the doctor after, and he removed three or four huge clots (sorry tmi) and said I should be ok now. He thinks the lower back pain was from contractions from my body trying to push the clots out. Which makes sense because they were so large and so many.

So now I just have to wait and hope for the best.

Im hoping this is the end of it. I dont know how much more medical things I can take. And it all just worries me that I could have trouble ttc in the future. He said I shouldnt. But it still weighs heavy on my mind.

My BH is so considered and frankly I just want to be alone, I havent had time to grieve and even work out how I feel about it all. I just feel drained and sort of numb to it all.

I havent brushed my hair in three days!! Thats so not like me. I just dont care...and Ive gone outside like that! haha! Sounds silly, but it just shows how little I care about anything else other than solving this..moving on and starting to try again.

The doctor claims that because Ive had so much trouble, that the next time will result in a healthy strong baby...so heres to hoping he is correct!

awwww i am so sorry to hear you going through such a hard time, my prayers are with you. I know what you mean by not wanting to brush your hair of even get dressed for that matter, when I had my m/c I had to take my 2 older childern to the dentic and I said to my dd if she was ready to go , she looked at me like I had lost it cause I had ulgy sweats and a ulgy stained shirt on and my hair was not combed eather, I told her lets go this is how I am going, she is a teenager so it is all about fasion with her. I will never forget the baby that we lost but timje does help. Take care hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->