Problems telling family. Advice please!

KcApple

Reaction score
I am currently 6 weeks pregnant so we don't plan on making any announcements until after Christmas. But my main concern is telling my oldest sister. She has been with her bf for 3 years and wants nothing more than to start a family of their own. He has two children from a previous relationship, and thinks that should be good enough. I think he is completely insensitive to the fact that they are not her children and she wants to experience it herself. I think telling her that I am pregnant is going to really hurt her.

What should I do, how long should I wait, how should I tell her?

Also my cousin just announced her pregnant to the family, this will be her 3rd and she will be due less than a month before me. She recently had a MC and I don't want to "steal her thunder" or anything like that. What do you all think?

I felt the same way with my older brother. He and his wife have been trying for over a year now and I was hesitant to tell him. It's inevitable that she may feel envious, but the truth is, she's your sister and she's going to be happy for you!

My sister can't have children unfortunately and it's only very recently she was told. I have 2 children that I was bothered telling her with but she was still trying to have a baby at the point that they were born. This time I felt dreadful as I knew how desperately she wants to be a mum. I told her as soon as I found out as I felt she would probably be happier knowing from the word go. She said she was ok with the news but I know it's gutted her. She will never tell me tho because she wants to be happy for me. The only thing I don't do when speaking to her is talk babies and family with her. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->