Problems Trying after Mis-Mis Carraige

raichcarter

Reaction score
Im going to tell this story on the off chance somebody else is going through the same thing. It might help them to know that they are not alone.

My Wife and I got married in 2008 and during the honeymoon period we decided to stop contraception. We didn't mean to get pregnant but funny enough, first time of asking, we did. As you can imagine we were chuffed to bits.

Problems arrived on First 12 week scan in which we found out that the featus had no heartbeat. It had to be removed by surgery.
The whole thing was the most painful thing we had ever been through and getty through it was difficult. I can't even begin to imagine what people who have been worse things go through emotionally and to be honest, its probably one of our greatest fears as a couple that we would have to go through something similar.

2 years and 4 months since the initial loss, and almost the same amount of time trying to get pregnant again and no luck.

We are now so focussed on getting pregnant that it is hard to judge whether we have progressed emotionally from our feelings at the time.

I have recently been for tests and found that my sperm motility is low (between 10-20% when it needs to be 50%ish) so at least that gives me a possible cause and effect and the fact that I have gotten my wife pregnant before makes me hard to feel anything but hope.

Problems are that it is taking so long my wife has lost almost all hope and statistics and postiive stories are hardly a consolation if its just not happening.

Hi
i am so sorry for your loss, its a horrible time for anyone the most important thing is to try and not let ttc take over your life. Me and my partner decided to ttc just over 2 years ago, and fell pregnant very quick sadly it ended in miscarriage. Since that day i never had a period again so we carried on ttc for the next 2 years and nothing. I just stopped ovulating and to get pregnant again i needed to go on clomid which is a form of fertility treatment. I then fell pregnant again in march but again i miscarried. Has your wife been to see her doctor??? As you have been trying so long i am surprised that your doctor has not offer fertility treatment as there is alot of things they can do for you and your wife. It is good you both have hope as this is very important! I am glad i went on clomid as i know now i can be pregnant again just need a bit more help.
Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"