Problems with vitex!

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
Has anyone taken vitex and it messed up their cycle? I usually ovulate on cd16 or 17, today is cd18 and it still doesn't look like I ovulated, my temps are still going down and I now have creamy CM instead of egg white. I'm so frustrated, I want to cry! What does my chart look like to y'all?!

I've never taken it but I've seen similar problems on TTC boards .....I wouldn't stop taking them just because I think starting and stopping can mess up your system again. I would wait it out..... Till next cycle if you don't become pregnant. Also..... You might try b complex.... I started it this month.... I ovulated four days earlier and currently 12 dpo no AF in sight but bfn. Fmu. So keep going. Before b complex I usually ovulated cd18-cd21 so you still have time

Yea I'm taking b complex too! I've just heard of vitex messing some peoples cycles up but if was praying it wouldn't happen to me! :(

It made my ovulation come sooner the first month I took it. It usually takes a few months for your body to completely regulate itself so I would ride it out so you can see the full results. On a different note it still looks like you possibly ovulated on cd 14 if it wasn't for those two temps! I would like to see your chart in a couple of days to see if that was the case.

B complex pushed my ovulation date back to cd19 from cd14, how long have you been taking both vitex and b complex?

I had thought cd14 also but then my temps dropped again :( I sure hope I did! We haven't had the chance to bd again since :( I'm probably out anyway just because of that!!

I just started the vitex and b complex this cycle. I didn't expect anything from it for a couple of months.

I had thought cd14 also but then my temps dropped again :( I sure hope I did! We haven't had the chance to bd again since :( I'm probably out anyway just because of that!!

I just started the vitex and b complex this cycle. I didn't expect anything from it for a couple of months.

Of course I just meant as far as the changes your cycle will go through- it may take a few months to level out:winkwink: I had some fluctuations in my bbt as well the first couple of cycles and if I hadn't been using opk's I would have been uber confused lol. Hopefully you nailed it this cycle!

Should I start using my progesterone cream or wait until I confirm ovulation?? Temp was low again this morning :(

I had trouble with vitex and delayed ovulation when I was ttc DD. I stopped taking it and took maca instead - its a root that nourishes the hormone glands and encourages proper hormone balance without simulating a hormone (like vitex does). It's meant to be good for fertility for both men and women and I my BFP the first month using it with DD. This is my first cycle trying again for no2 and I'm using it again. awaiting AF any time now so we'll see! Good luck hun.

I had trouble with vitex and delayed ovulation when I was ttc DD. I stopped taking it and took maca instead - its a root that nourishes the hormone glands and encourages proper hormone balance without simulating a hormone (like vitex does). It's meant to be good for fertility for both men and women and I my BFP the first month using it with DD. This is my first cycle trying again for no2 and I'm using it again. awaiting AF any time now so we'll see! Good luck hun.

I thought that vitex simulated hormones too before I looked in to it, but it actually claims the same effect as maca but just focuses on balancing different parts of the reproductive system. It is definitely does not simulate any hormones! Very important to understand that it helps to balance the adrenal axis so that it produces the optimum amount of each hormone on it's own needed for ovulation and conception. I attached a few articles to explain this as well as a side by side comparison of maca and vitex which btw can be taken together successfully :)

https://www.natural-health-for-fertility.com/maca-or-vitex-for-fertility.html#.UsWc5fRDsxE

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/vitex.html

https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex

Should I start using my progesterone cream or wait until I confirm ovulation?? Temp was low again this morning :(

I only started the cream once I knew for sure I ovulated so I know this is tricky for you right now:dohh: Maybe in a day or two you will know for sure if you ovulated and can start it then? I will be stalking your chart to see how it goes!

I thought that vitex simulated hormones too before I looked in to it, but it actually claims the same effect as maca but just focuses on balancing different parts of the reproductive system. It is definitely does not simulate any hormones! Very important to understand that it helps to balance the adrenal axis so that it produces the optimum amount of each hormone on it's own needed for ovulation and conception. I attached a few articles to explain this as well as a side by side comparison of maca and vitex which btw can be taken together successfully :)

https://www.natural-health-for-fertility.com/maca-or-vitex-for-fertility.html#.UsWc5fRDsxE

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/vitex.html

https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex

Thank you for these, I'll take a read :) my understanding was that vitex has plant estrogens which have the effect of hormones on our bodies if we take them. I guess for everyone the effect is different depending on what our "unbalance" is - it certainly delayed ovulation for me and when I was looking into it I found other instances of people finding the same thing. that said others swear by it so I guess it is just an individual thing!

Temp is back up today but there was a tad bit of blood on the toilet paper when I wiped earlier?!?! Ahhhhh! :(

Ovufriend is saying I ovulated cd15.... Should I go by that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 5
Ovufriend is saying I ovulated cd15.... Should I go by that?

I agree...I was kind of thinking that's probably when you ovulated all along. If it were me I'd start the cream now. That dip on 2-4 dpo could just be a healthy fallback rise when your estrogen surges shortly after O. Good luck and I will stalk your chart hun.

FF marked ovulation on cd18!! I'm so confused ! I don't know what to think now!

I know I'm late to this thread but just curious- are you in fact pregnant? I'm on cd 46, no af and stopped using vitex because I keep getting bfn's so I figured when I stopped af would show. Still nothing.

Ok now that I signed up so I could post, I see that you are pregnant. Congrats! When did you end up getting your bfp?

Im not 100% sure but the cycles I used vitex on were 136 days, 52 days and 45 days long. The cycle I stopped I had a 21 day cycle and since then I have had 2 23 day cycles, so im not planning on using it again :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->