Procrastinating on packing bag...

kdmalk

Reaction score
I plan to do it.... eventually.

First I thought it was too early to even think about.

Then I thought I would jinx myself into preterm labor.

Then I didn't want to pack my favorite pj pants.

Then I decided I wanted to wait until I could get travel-sized toiletries so I wouldn't be trying to pack everything last minute.

Now I am just lazy.

I officially just put the camera in the bag at 36+2. Other than that, the bag is empty. Wondering how much longer I can put it off lol.

Eventually I have to pack the bag. But I'm thinking eventually might not be today or tomorrow.... or even this week. :rofl:

Hahaha. Girl, you better get on it! You're much further than me! I don't feel like doing it anytime soon because, like you, the clothes I want to pack are my go-to pants for everyday wear. So I'm going to put it off for a loooong while too. But I figured I would pack it around 36-37 weeks. :)

Hahahaha. I always pack while in labor, regardless of whether I "start" my bag. I have a bag with a few pairs of underwear in it until I'm in labor, anyway. And with my second babu, I had to change my underwear so often that I was pulling them out of my bag and didn't have any clean clothes when I was in labor. Had to go to the hospital without clothes and have my OH come home the next day to get me some deodorant and a toothbrush and clothes! (I live an hour and a half away from my hospital of choice!) Oops! Don't let it come to that. ;)

when I was pregnant with my first I had my bag and his ready to go 8 weeks before due date. For my second pregnancy I packed her bag but not mine, I went into labor and that is when I started doing laundry to pack my bag, the washer and dryer did not keep up with how quickly labor progressed so my mother in law had to go buy stuff for me at the target right next to the hospital. This time I think I may actually pack both bags in advance.

It is overwhelming to get started. I found that making lists (in categories) was a good first step. Then asking DH to get the suitcase I wanted because I was too lazy to dig it out myself LOL.

From there I started laying out clothes for myself which got DH interested and he packed all of his stuff and now we're about 80% of the way there!

Of course now I'm remembering that the battery charger for the camera is somewhere in storage, ugh. :dohh:

Haha. You might want to get it done. You could go into labor at any time. And then you would be completely unprepared.

I had my hospital bags packed by 32 weeks with my daughter, I was on the ball. This time I have My stuff packed, stuff for DD packed, and stuff for baby packed. Unfortunately I have so much more to pack. I have to be prepared for worst case scenario. And I need to pack things like food and snacks for DD and my husband, and I am waiting to do that.

Haha! I made listen of all the things I planned to pack for my first pregnancy, but I didn't actually pack until the weekend before I was induced, and I was induced at 41+0... I've always been a bit of a procrastinator though!

I haven't got mine done either! I keep telling myself I'll get it done "this weekend". But then it comes and goes, and I've got no bags packed!

I have the luxury of living close to the hospital so that it would take my husband about 15 minutes from my room and back to get whatever I need, so I'm not stressed.

I think I packed at 39+ weeks both times lol But I definitely forgot some stuff.
You could always make a list so that when you feel like labour might be coming soon, you just have to grab your stuff and put it in a bag rather than remember everything you might need!

I didn't pack anything till 38 weeks the last two times. This time I was in hospital at 27 weeks for 8 days with pre term labour.DH found it stressful trying to find me stuff, work, mind the kids, plus I was sent to a hospital 2.5 hours away cos the baby was potentially 27 weeks.
I'm convinced I'll go early but am only just now getting my bag ready.

I did that with #1 and ended up in the 24hour tesco at 3am whilst in labour at 38 weeks, not great when youre soaked down to your knees in the bacon aisle!! Lol. Im ready this time x

I managed to put a nursing bra in the bag at some point. So now we have two things in there. :rofl:

Planning to actually pack the bag this weekend. No excuses.

Ask me again on Monday whether or not I have actually followed through with that plan.

I've just made myself make a start on mine this week. Been shopping and bought a few bits and bobs I needed. Filled up my little bottles with shower gel and shampoo and put them in my toiletry bag ready. I'm still wearing some clothes, so can't pack them yet.

We're only 5 mins from the hospital so I'm planning on only packing the bare minimum and hubby or parents can pop back for anything else I need.

Haven't even started! Hospital is only 5 mins away so idk if I am even going to pack one....I'll probably regret it if I dont.

I haven't started mine yet. I'm not too concerned about going into labor very early. But this is a good reminder that it is something I can't put off forever!

Bag approximately 50% packed now. Lol

Honestly, I didn't need anything that I had packed in my bags aside from clothes for me and the baby to come home in, and a toothbrush/toothpaste. My doctor gave me a big list of things to pack and I took it all, but the hospital supplied pretty much everything. Baby was born at 5:30 pm and we left by noon the next day, so we really weren't there for very long.

I'm jealous at how fast so many of you get to leave after birth. They told me I have to stay 48 hours AFTER baby was born so they could do one last heal prick. When I asked if I could leave earlier, they said I could, but the baby would have to stay behind... :nope::growlmad: I was going batty and ready to leave before the first 24 hours were up!

I'm jealous at how fast so many of you get to leave after birth. They told me I have to stay 48 hours AFTER baby was born so they could do one last heal prick. When I asked if I could leave earlier, they said I could, but the baby would have to stay behind... :nope::growlmad: I was going batty and ready to leave before the first 24 hours were up!

We were supposed to stay for 24 hrs so baby could get a heel prick and exam, but we really didn't want to stay that long. Baby was a champion breast feeder from the time she came out, and my hubby works in health care at the children's hospital, so the OB was comfortable discharging us early. They just sent a community nurse to our house the following morning to do baby's heel prick and exam.

With my oldest, I was induced at 41 weeks, but our bags were packed at 38 weeks because my doctor kept telling me I'd go a any time...yeah that didn't happen.

With my youngest, I "started" around 30 weeks, and then really started thinking about it when I got put on bedrest at around 35 weeks. It wasn't packed until the day of my last appointment at 38w6d. I went into labor the next morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->