Progesterone 2nd time around?

Rhiaberry

Reaction score
I'm currently only 3w 5d pregnant just found out today. I have 5 miscarriages before my son, I had every test under the sun. My gyn/obs put me on vaginal suppositories with my sons pregnancy and it's worked a treat. I'm wondering did anyone who took progesterone till 14 weeks in their first successful pregnancy take it in future pregnancys resulting in success?

I have had to supplement progesterone for all of my successful pregnancies but I have a history of recurrent loss associated with hormone imbalance and a clotting disorder so there are extenuating circumstances in my case.

However, I know SEVERAL women who had to take progesterone supplements with a previous pregnancy who then did not need it for any other pregnancies after. For some women, it seems that it's a one-time thing and a successful birth 'resets' the body or something.

So it's possible you won't need it this time BUT if it will make you feel better to be on it, then by all means ask for the prescription. Taking progesterone won't hurt the baby even if you don't need it.

Thankyou for replying. Iv been taking cyclogest 400mg for the last 2 nights. I almost felt like if I didn't take it. Then I was determining the outcome of the pregnancy and not giving bean a chance. Does that make sense? Ill continue them and hopefully I will get my second rainbow baby. If after the I decide for baby #3 I may test the water without the cyclogest.

Yeah it can be a crazy mind game. I took progesterone with my last successful pg even tho my numbers were the best we have seen ever. But i was too scared to try without them. Its all in how you feel about it. Good luck and fx this is a sticky bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->